Yellow-headed Blackbirds

These specific type blackbirds have a very unique crowing sound and really put on a show for you with their interaction. Jim, Bill and myself were fortunate enough to have caught them in action a few weeks ago. Here's a few of the shots I got.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1203660

View attachment 1203661

View attachment 1203662

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1203666

Louie

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it`s very hard to balance that brite yellow head with that black body, stunning bird. looks like you nailed it. I have only seen these birds once and of course was on my way to work. Cool pix of an outstanding bird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, Louie. Great exposures with nice, soft light. I looked for some of these this weekend while in Wisconsin. I didn't see a single one.

Louie -

I photographed them last week for the first time on my trip up to Yellowstone. You are spot on about their call - nothing quite like it.

Your photos of them are simply exquisite, great exposure control and backgrounds.

I spotted them at midday in harsh light, and I'll keep them to myself after your set! :smile:

Never seen these guys that I can recall. Really well captured and the set provides a good look from varying perspectives. Overall quite a nice job. And it looks like you had fun :smile:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Super set my friend. I can almost hear them calling now. That was a terrific day I don't think I will forget for a very long time.
Thanks Jim, definitely a great outing for us.
Louie -

I photographed them last week for the first time on my trip up to Yellowstone. You are spot on about their call - nothing quite like it.

Your photos of them are simply exquisite, great exposure control and backgrounds.

I spotted them at midday in harsh light, and I'll keep them to myself after your set! :smile:
Thanks very much Eric, much appreciated.
Never seen these guys that I can recall. Really well captured and the set provides a good look from varying perspectives. Overall quite a nice job. And it looks like you had fun :smile:
Thank you Dan.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom