Yellow-headed Blackbirds

Last week spent four days on our annual fly fishing trip to eastern Washington, great time weather was perfect, came back with many more images than fish. Fishing was catch and release and can't complain about the fishing at all, it was very good. My days always started out with me out shooting birds at 6am until around 8:30am and then off to do some fly fishing. I found a couple of ponds that were loaded with Yellow-headed and Red-winged Blackbirds, plus lots of quail and the odd ducks that would swoop in. Here's a few of the Yellow-headed Blackbird images I got.

DSC00039 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC00121 72wf.jpg

DSC08978 72wf.jpg

DSC09630 72wf.jpg

DSC09688 72wf.jpg

Louie

Louie, these are glorious. 3 and 5 are my picks in this set. We don't have this variety here in Florida, but the RWBB we have here are really tough to photograph with their deep blacks and reds blowing the channel.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Outstanding set of images! WOW! You did your dad proud!

#5 is my fav with #1 close behind. The background on #3 is not quite as smooth even though the ISO is lower. Maybe a large crop or ???

very nice, our blackbirds are boring, they are just black ;). Any lunkers among the fish?
Thanks very much Phil, no not any lunkers but plenty of 12-14 inchers.
Louie, these are glorious. 3 and 5 are my picks in this set. We don't have this variety here in Florida, but the RWBB we have here are really tough to photograph with their deep blacks and reds blowing the channel.
Thanks Mitchell, they hard to deal with exposure wise when the light gets too bright.
Outstanding set of images! WOW! You did your dad proud!

#5 is my fav with #1 close behind. The background on #3 is not quite as smooth even though the ISO is lower. Maybe a large crop or ???
Thanks very much Karen, I think the crop is the difference in the background on that shot.
Beautiful birds!!
Thanks much Terri.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom