Yellow (more images)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Beezle, Nov 5, 2005.

1. I have only one thing to say about this image: yellow is a paint in the butt to light! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  2. Yes, you did a great job! I'm such a sucker for yellow. Thank you for brightening my day!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. What type of lighting did you use and what were the problems you encountered?

3. I used a softbox with an SB800 above them, at a fairly steep angle. Then I light the interesting bits using a large pile of flashlights.

The problem here was that red really likes to blow out with all that yellow going on, and I wasn't able to light the center of the right flower as well as I would have liked.

Thanks for the compliment.

What I try to shoot for, by the way, is just dramatic lighting. And minimalism.

5. It may be tough but looks like you did a fantastic job at it! Great shot!!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they are "painted" very well.
    Good shot :>)))))

7. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    For my eyes it is just perfection. Like the flowers position, as well as the gorgeous light.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Regards,

Roberto

8. Thanks everyone. Still wrassling with these flowers today a bit. They came from the store with a few companions, so I thought I'd toss one into the mix.

[​IMG]

9. Even more yellow.

[​IMG]

10. Okay, last one. I promise!

[​IMG]

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow you out did yourself on that last one. GREAT lighting.

Really like that alot. Good composition to me anyway.
    I like all three flowers in focus.

Think I might even like it portrait as well.

12. All I can say is wow! They are awesome. Your yellows are beautiful! The detail is amazing too! Thank you for sharing such lovely images.