1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yellow Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    A week ago I left for the beach. Yesterday I arrived back at home tan, rested and well fed. What a joy for me to see that my sunflowers are in bloom!

Here is just a sample...one single bloom to share with you. I realize this type of shot has been done 1000 times, but I just love how beautiful they are. Hope you enjoy!

331201745_7HMNA-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. they must be gorgeous, Leigh
    that shot is outstanding
    thanks for sharing it with us

any pictures from your vacation?
    food shots?

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Greg. Yes, there are more sunflowers, but the light was horrible. I'll try for some more tomorrow.

Pics from vacation? I am afraid not. We played hard, but had little time for photo taking. Maybe in a few weeks when I go back... :wink:

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice shot, the way that the centres of flowers are arranged never ceases to facinate me.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you, Robert. I love sunflowers and I plant them ever year!

6. Beautiful shot Leigh, the symmetry is so striking. We did not sunflowers this year and I know I will miss them!

7. Leigh,

I never tire of floral images, especially sun flowers... absolutely beautiful. I have a few volunteers in various planters on my deck. There is an especially beautiful volunteer sunflower located in my pincushion flowers. What a surprise!!

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Rich,
    Thanks for looking. Sorry you didn't plant any sunflowers this year. Maybe next?!

Crystall,
    I have had very little time lately to photography anything, so actually having the time to shoot this one was a treasure. Your planters on your deck sound lovely. Thanks for looking here and commenting.

9. Leigh, there's nothing like a perky sunflower to brighten one's day.
    This one is just lovely and really sings!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you, Virginia! I bet you could come up with something really neat playing with it! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.