Yellow wood sorrel and Indian Strawberry

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    I suffer a real problem with shooting yellow, especially yellow flowers. Have seen several by Frank and others that are nice and sharp, clear, etc. Please give me some help here? Both photos are of flowers just less than .5 in (ca 1 cm) across. Seem unsharp and oversaturated to me, but I have toned down and sharpened up as much as I dare. Obviously the severely closed down aperature doesn't help but felt that I needed the depth of field. Suggestions and severe criticisms are most welcome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry Snider

2. I prefer the yellow in the second picture but that is only a matter of taste.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

I know exactly what you mean about problems shooting yellow flowers. I have the same problem with red ones. I like both of these. The second is very attractive, and it looks very similar to the shots that I've gotten. The first looks a little more like what I see when I look at flowers in person.

I think you've got it down pretty well. :wink: