Yellowstone bans felt soles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick_reno, Mar 13, 2018.

1. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
  2. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    That has been coming for 10 years or more. Really surprised it has taken this long.

3. While I don't have a dog in the fight one way or the other, it just strikes me as silly. As far as I can find (having read only a couple of articles - so I may be wrong here) there is no conclusive proof that felt soles are the culprit behind the introduction of any invasive species. There is some indication that rubber soles do not grip as well, placing anglers more at risk while in the water.

I hope it makes a difference, and that no one gets hurt.

4. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    In the fly fishing crowd, it is a pretty sure thing that eggs, spores, seeds, whatever, are carried in the felt soles. At least one nation has completely outlawed felt. BTW, there is not a loss of traction with quality rubber soles. In past years, I have spent as many as 100 days per year testing that theory in the cold water streams of the Appalachian's, upstate Michigan and Rocky's.

5. Yeah, I FELT this one coming

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Groan. . . . but I love it :LOL: (y)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.