Yellowstone - Eagles, Bears, Bison oh my

Discussion in 'Birds' started by F15Todd, Jul 13, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    We pulled in to Mountain Home Idaho on Tue and that Fri we took a trip to
    Yellowstone NP. Now we are back in Idaho, have a house and our first
    shipment of stuff (computer...) from England.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

These were all taking with the D2h, 70-200mm with the TC-17E II.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice series, Todd! Glad you're back to posting shots again. With that combo you must have been able to get really close to get some of these shots!

3. These photos are really on the money Todd, excellent shots! You really saw some nice animals while there, lucky you!!

4. Todd
    Welcome back what a great selection of shots you have there glad to hear you have a home again and at least you know soem of your stuff will make it there :wink:

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    In the first load everything made it other then about six glasses (2 of my Hardrock ones :evil: )

The second load has all the big stuff, TV's bedroom sets and the like.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome home Sweetie.

You have got to be just thrilled whith these images. Good job. How exciting.

Thank you for being there for US.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Welcome back home Todd!! As several folks said, it looks like you have landed in a wonderful spot for photography. These shots are incredible. It's almost like you've never been away. 8)

Let's see some more!! :wink:

8. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Todd,

Great shots!!! You are making me even more excited about my trip. Are the elk beginning to rub the velvet off of their antlers? I am hoping that they still have beautiful coatings when I get there.

-JM

9. Todd

What a nice series.

Hope everything else arrives ok.

Russ

10. Hi Todd, it is sooo nice to have you back. You really captured the essence of Yellowstone wildlife and did it in great fashion. Welcome back and thanks for sharing your images with us.

11. Hey, Todd, welcome back. It looks as if you are settling in and that your gear made the trip in fine shape.

I can't help but be intrigued by the way you arranged the images. First image is a Bald Eagle looking Left, last image a Bald Eagle looking right. I could make up a whole BUNCH of stories to 'splain that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice series, glad to see that you and yours had a safe journey back.

12. Hi Todd;

Glad to hear that you made a safe landing so to speak. Great series of Yellowstone. That's such a beautiful place. Next time you're over there check out Grand Teton National Park. It's another gem.

Brian

13. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Todd,
    You made it to Idaho!!! So nice to have another Idahoan on the forum. Looks like you had a great trip to Yellowstone. You must be in the Air Force. I never knew why you were moving to Idaho. But, Mountain Home gives it away. Where are you from originally?

Hope you can get settled soon. There is so much to see here in the summer. You'll have to make a trip to the Sawtooth Mountains. They are my favorite place. We've had family vacations at Redfish Lake every summer for over 20 years now. It's coming up in August for this year.

Anyway, nice wildlife shots. I haven't been to Yellowstone yet this summer, but I will get there, yet. If you get a chance, read my cowardly photographer post in this forum. We had an adventure with wildlife in Teton Park yesterday.

Welcome to Idaho.

14. Hi Todd.

Nice Series! I've been shooting with the exact same set of gear, so I know how CLOSE you were to these guys. :) :)

15. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    The only one I really wish I had more lens (to move me back) was around the bison. And I sure moved my head around alot looking for a bigger mommy bear.

16. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    Hey Todd,
    Loved your pictures. Hope to make it out that way someday. Also love your quote. Funny, that goes for me, too! kim

17. Great shots, and welcome back safe and sound. Glad you've got a home and everyone is getting settled in. Don't forget to spend the dollars like pounds *LOL* Really love the eagle shots. Are those red earrings on that bear ;)

18. Nice series Todd, glad to see you out shooting and posting. I hope I can go there someday. Keep posting.

19. Hey Todd,

Welcome back home, literally and figuratively at the Cafe! These are some spectacular shots. I love them alll, but having just tried my luck at some eagles in Alaska, I can appreciate yours! 8)

20. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    It was pure luck finding this guy. It was our first day in the park and we took an off road that looked seldom used and he was right there. I went back to that spot every day and didn't see him again.