Yellowstone - July 17th through 24th

Hey Everyone,

As I mentioned over at NWP, I am going away for a week with my wife to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. I was hoping that if there were any people who were going to be there during this time wanted to get together, that it might be kind of fun. I have never been their during the height of the season (normally I going during or after the Rut) and I hope that it will be a blast. My only concern is the traffic.

We have reservations in the Park from the 18th through the 22nd. The 23rd and 24th, we will be coming out of Jackson.

-JM

Thanks!

Hey Gordon,

So far, one taker at NWP. I put it up kind of at the last minute, but I figured it IS tourist season - which means most of us are smart enough to stay away. :)

Anyway, thanks for moving this here. I did notice it.

-JM

James where in Yellowstone are you staying? I
just spent the 4th of July weekend up there. We
stayed just outside the west gate.

places...

Hey Todd,

My wife and I enter Jackson on the 17th from Salt Lake City (we fly in to SLC on the 16th). We will stay in Jackson for one night and visit some friends. On the 18th we enter Yellostone. We will probably go up past Driggs towards the West Gate (never done it before).

As far as I recall, we stay at Lake for 1 night. I am excited about staying in Lake as there are reportedly still a lot of bear digging around for food (unfortunately the spawning occured a while ago). The last time we were there, the East Enterance was having a lot of work done. If we can sneak out to Cody, that may happen.

On the 19th and 20th, we will move up to Mammoth. The last time I stayed in Mammoth (October 04), it was spectacular. We woke to the sound of wolves. My only complaint is that the Mammoth lodge feels like an insanatorium (sp). It is also VERY hot.

On the 21st we go to Old Faithful Lodge. We will stay one night and move to Grant Village (the 22nd).

On the 23rd and 24th we will be back in Jackson with a focus on the Tetons (where we normally spend at least 50% of my time).

We are already planning our next trips up there for when we return. We have been debating going in September, but we might decide to go back up to the White Mountains in NH instead...SO, that puts up back in January (and of course we will go again in April prior to the DWF/WPPI conventions).

-JM

PS If you want to see some of my pictures from Yellowstone, please check out the gallery at my website. All of the pictures (with the exception of the waterfall that comes from the White Mountains) come from Yellowstone/Grand Teton area.

We are back in Salt Lake ready to fly out to Providence tomorrow (then to NY afterwards). We had some problems with our flight and were delayed two days in Providence.

We are putting up a weblog at NWP in the forums of our trip.

I will be posting some pictures both here and at NWP after we get a chance to sort through them all. Between my wife and I, we shot close to 15 gigs worth of data.

-JM

Latest threads

Top Bottom