Critique Yellowstone National Park

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We visited Yellowstone the first week of May this year. We were treated with a snow storm, cloudy days and two somewhat sunny days. Here are some of the scenes we enjoyed.

#1 Along the Firehole River
_85A7351-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Opal pool
_85A7992-X3.jpg

#3 Giant Geyser
_85A7419-X3.jpg

#4 Riverside Geyser
_85A7607-X3.jpg

#5 Fountain Paint Pots - boiling mud! It was snowing on this day! LOL!
https://photos.smugmug.com/Portfoli...-2021/i-SKJR3mM/1/22fc160c/X3/_85A8272-X3.jpg
_85A8272-X3.jpg

#6 Steam rises along the skyline
_85A7407-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice images Karen. Hopefully you can get out here again sometime in better weather.
Thanks, Bill. I'm afraid that the crowds will be unbearable during "nicer" weather! LOL! I didn't mind the cold as I was dressed for it and never felt like it was too cold. I just wish I could have spent more time in Dubois. There was even a store near the pizza place that had a tourquoise item I was really interested in! :oops: Wish they had been open............
beautiful shots, no people in them, that’s nice.
Thanks a lot, Rick!
This set makes me want to immediately return to Yellowstone. Considering the cool air temperature, I'm surprised there was no steam at the Opal Pool but of course happy that its vibrant colors weren't obscured.
There was so much steam over Grand Prismatic that you couldn't see it at all!!!!! I'll be posting some photos of Grand Prismatic in a couple of days. I think the winds were strong enough and Opal pool small enough that I could wait until I got a clear shot without a lot of steam.

Great set, Karen!! I'm so glad you were able to miss the crowds. We were there later in May and it was super crowded. I hear it's record crowds now.

Nice pics. I have a tripped planned to yellowstone beginning of Feb, 22.
It can be bitter cold, -25F last time I was there. That sure keeps the crowds away.
It is just spectacular in the winter, and the animals are more concentrated in the thermal areas.
These images just make me want to go there more, can not wait.
gary

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom