Yellowstone Patterns and Colors

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by fireflyer, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Excellent stuff! I always enjoy making captures like these in the Park. Funny how people will stare and try to figure out what you're taking a picture of :) 

You've got a good eye for the abstract - very nice set.

2. Nice job, different from what I usually see.

3. Colors everywhere. I really need to go there before it all dries up. :tongue: Thanks for posting.

4. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Excellent series.
    A few of the shots give the impression they could be taken from a few feet above the ground or from an aircraft.

5. fantastic imagery
    i really like these

thanks for sharing them with us

6. Very nice job capturing the colors and textures of Yellowstone. I especially liked the fifth photo.

7. Hentez

Hentez

Aug 9, 2008
    Columbus OH
    Beautiful pictures!
    That looked like a great trip

8. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    1-5-7 are my favs, excellent observations and pics.

9. I agree with the others, these are great shots.
    I have been a couple of times to Yellowstone and still I cannot figure it out how to do this type of photography.
    I guess I do not have the eye!
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

10. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Nice work. We were there last month, trying to figure out how NOT to shoot abstracts.

11. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Very nice. The colors are amazing.

12. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments! Yellowstone truly is an amazing place. I just wish it wasn't so crowded.

13. Go in early spring next time. I was there last year in mid april and practically had the place to myself.

14. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    April?

In April most of the entrances are closed, many times I've heard only the west gate is open through Montana, also many passes are closed, this is the month of the year that they clear roads so few ever are allowed to enter. You might get in by snowcat but I've heard only skiers can enter. I was there in April about 10 tens ago and had to use the west gate, please check this out before planning.

15. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Wonderful captures!
    I have not been there, thanks for sharing :) 

16. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    This is a great series and very different from mine taken last month on a trip to Yellowstone. I like your close-up shots.

It really is an amazing place to see, not to mention photograph. I'm already looking forward to my next trip there.

17. Checked my records, and I was actually there on May 11th last year, so not april. It was the first day that Madison campground was open for business.

But I agree, the weather is totally unpredictable, and you have to plan accordingly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.