Yellowstone Patterns and Colors

The wildlife seemed to be hiding this year, so we spent a little extra time enjoying the geothermal features at Yellowstone. I'm always mesmorized by the colors.........A few of the most colorful:

p979296661-4.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 238804

View attachment 238805

View attachment 238806

View attachment 238807

View attachment 238808

View attachment 238809

Excellent stuff! I always enjoy making captures like these in the Park. Funny how people will stare and try to figure out what you're taking a picture of :)

You've got a good eye for the abstract - very nice set.

B

Bright Angel

Excellent series.
A few of the shots give the impression they could be taken from a few feet above the ground or from an aircraft.

I agree with the others, these are great shots.
I have been a couple of times to Yellowstone and still I cannot figure it out how to do this type of photography.
I guess I do not have the eye!
William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Very nice. The colors are amazing.

April?

Go in early spring next time. I was there last year in mid april and practically had the place to myself.
In April most of the entrances are closed, many times I've heard only the west gate is open through Montana, also many passes are closed, this is the month of the year that they clear roads so few ever are allowed to enter. You might get in by snowcat but I've heard only skiers can enter. I was there in April about 10 tens ago and had to use the west gate, please check this out before planning.

This is a great series and very different from mine taken last month on a trip to Yellowstone. I like your close-up shots.

It really is an amazing place to see, not to mention photograph. I'm already looking forward to my next trip there.

In April most of the entrances are closed, many times I've heard only the west gate is open through Montana, also many passes are closed, this is the month of the year that they clear roads so few ever are allowed to enter. You might get in by snowcat but I've heard only skiers can enter. I was there in April about 10 tens ago and had to use the west gate, please check this out before planning.

Checked my records, and I was actually there on May 11th last year, so not april. It was the first day that Madison campground was open for business.

But I agree, the weather is totally unpredictable, and you have to plan accordingly.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom