Yellowstone Spring 2013

We made our annual Mother's Day Weekend drive to Yellowstone Park on Saturday. Most of my shooting was of the wildlife, but here are a couple of landscape ones.

Swan Lake Flats
p1594625754.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sometimes people become a part of the landscape. Maybe Apple would like this photo for an ipad advertisement.
View attachment 1190442

View attachment 1190443

I am always amazed at the way the forests recovered after the fires of 1988.
View attachment 1190444

Sometimes animals are part of the landscape.
View attachment 1190445

Hi Terri
Thanks for sharing those wonderfull shots.
I have one question, how long are you from Yellowstone park,,, we have been many times in Idaho, and Yellowstone always seemed a very long way away, and now you wrote about a weekend trip.

Please help me with my geografy.
Nico

#1 is fantastic, any stitching or is that just 1 shot? I enjoyed the bears aw well, but that may be because I'm a Boston Bruins fan!

great photos.. my wife and daughter were there SAT as well.. on their way to PDX from BNA.. my wife and I will venture there in the fall I believe.. when the crowds are gone.

Awesome pictures, Terri.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!!

Hi Terri
Thanks for sharing those wonderfull shots.
I have one question, how long are you from Yellowstone park,,, we have been many times in Idaho, and Yellowstone always seemed a very long way away, and now you wrote about a weekend trip.

Please help me with my geografy.
Nico
Idaho is a big state. I live in southeastern Idaho and it takes us about 2 hours to get to West Yellowstone. We can go on day trips to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.

#1 is fantastic, any stitching or is that just 1 shot? I enjoyed the bears aw well, but that may be because I'm a Boston Bruins fan!

No. 1 is just a single shot!! That area was really pretty last weekend.

You always post such intersting images and commentary, Terri...!

Wonderful shots...! :smile:

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy what I post!!

great photos.. my wife and daughter were there SAT as well.. on their way to PDX from BNA.. my wife and I will venture there in the fall I believe.. when the crowds are gone.

Thanks. Hope they had a great time last Saturday. You are smart visiting when the crowds are gone. We usually go in the spring and fall and avoid summer.

What beautiful captures! Can't forget that same waterfall! Love the bears for sure! No matter what you shoot in Yellowstone, it's sure to be a winner! Great series and thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories!

Latest threads

Top Bottom