1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yellowstone Trip

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by alemmo, Aug 15, 2009.

1. alemmo

alemmo

Sep 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I love this face:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Great photos. I'm curious, what do you do to shoot wildlife like this in Yellowstone, do you hike 4 hours into the woods, are you just off the road? Camp for a week in the woods?

3. alemmo

alemmo

Sep 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    You can see most of the wildlife right off the road. Wife and I did a little hiking but if you get up early or out before dusk you can see a lot of wildlife right from the road in the Hayden and Lamar valley areas. I'll try to post up some more pics in a bit.

Most of those pictures were just lightly cropped or not cropped at all, usually done with a 80-200mm or 300mm F4. I really wish i would have had a 500mm i could have gotten some really great shots with longer glass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.