Yellowstone Trip

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Louis Champan, Aug 9, 2005.

1. A few photos from my recent trip to Yellowstone and area. I was riding a motorcycle so my equipment was limited to just one lens 18-70mm. Had a great time, but have to go back and spend some serious time there, too much to take in in just a day.

I'm a beginner so any thoughts are appreciated.

47448023.DSC_1310.

47447854.DSC_1370copy.

47447853.DSC_1274copy.

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I love your third image. Great capture.

3. They are very nice images of a great place in our country Louis. You might want to boost the color just a tad in post processing as this would enhance the natural beauty.

4. Thanks Scott and Gordon for you input. I'll do a little work on the post processing and see if I can enhance them a bit. It was great trip, how could it be anything else in Yellowstone. There were numerous Elk along the road, which everyone stopped for, but I saw a pack of wolves, I think. Anyway, no one spotted them and I couldn't get off to the side of the road quick enough to take a picture.

Thanks again.

5. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi Louis,

The 3rd image - which mountain range is it from?

-JM

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Louis, the third is beautiful
    Good composition I like the fence in it

7. Glad to hear and see that you had a great trip Louis. It has been pretty slow around the Juanita Park area so you picked a good time to go. I am planning a trip to the tetons and Yellowstone in late September so maybe you can give me some pointers on Yellowstone before we go.

8. Louis, very nice images...#3 is excellent!

9. Hi Louis -

Like you, I had the chance to go to Yellowstone this year and I'm also looking forward to getting back for more!

If you're interested in giving your colors a boost, here's one way that often works pretty well in Photoshop (I have CS, but it is likely similar in other versions):

Duplicate your image, and on that duplicate layer, choose:

Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Channel Mixer

Give it a name or not, then you'll be presented with three drop down menus for Red, Green and Blue.

on the Red menu, enter the following values: Red 120; Green -20; Blue -20

on the Green menu, enter: Red -20; Green 120; Blue -20.

on the Blue menu, enter: Red -20; Green -20; Blue 120.

Then merge that adjustment layer down and you'll have two layers: your original (background) and the enhanced one (background copy). If the enhanced one is too intense when both layers are visible, just adjust it's opacity.

This technique really popped the colors on some of my Yellowstone shots, many of which were taken outside the "golden hours" . . .

Eric

10. debult

debult

Jun 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
    :D My turn will be next September, cannot wait.