1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yellowstone Wildlife

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by tbarnette, Jul 4, 2008.

1. tbarnette

tbarnette Guest

Went to Yellowstone and surrounding area. I was beside myself with all the scenery and wildlife. This was my first time to use my camera in the real outdoors. This is also my first time to post photos.

Black Bear
    BlackBearonlog.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Buffalo calf
    View attachment 221655

Wild Mustang
    View attachment 221656

Young Black Bear
    View attachment 221657

I borrowed a 70-200 VR from a friend which came in very handy.

2. Looks like good trip with lots of variety! Where was the mustang at?

Sean

3. tbarnette

tbarnette Guest

It was a geat trip!
    The mustangs were on BLM ground just north of Rock Springs in SW Wyoming. It's open country where you are free to drive on a gravel road and even smaller "pig trails" if you want to. Mustangs are wild and usually hang out in their herds with one stud and several mares.

4. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Very nice! I would love to take a trip there.

5. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice shots. Congrats on your new camera and your first submission.

6. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Yellowstone is indeed awesome. I spent a couple of days there earlier this Summer, and visited about six years ago and on both occasions saw tons of wildlife (as well as beautiful landscapes).

I like that Black Bear! We got to see two Grizzly's early this Summer, and plenty of snow also! The day after we came out of the park we heard that the passes had all being closed because of snow storm!

Thanks for posting!

Nacho

7. tbarnette

tbarnette Guest

Some of the roads were closed at different times while we were there but we were able to cover most of the park in between closures. One that never opened while we were there is Beartooth Pass outside of the park. Sean had told me it was worth the trip to see but we never had the chance because of sooo much snow. Missed the view but loved the snow. We went the first two weeks of June.

Thanks for the comments, all

Tony

8. Love that last shot. Nice series.

9. WOW! Gotta go there some day! Nice captures!

10. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Great series!

11. tbarnette

tbarnette Guest

Thanks for looking everyone!

Tony

12. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    very nice

13. very nice indeed!After going there this spring I am planning to return for a week long backcountry backpacking trip next summer. To spend a week with nature at this level, dont get no better than that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.