Yep....BIRDS.......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by BirdManPhotographer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. y7-0i4309tueuf89weuf89q3uyf89q34urf908qu38f934u

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Hey Mike, your postings are always interesting and and very well done, but you've outdone yourself on this post...Excellent, stunning shots. Couldn't see how these shots could be improved upon in anyway.

3. awesome series.... just incredible
    always wonderful.... but, these are even better than that

one thing
    and you knew i'd mention this....
    i'd do something about your TOO DARN BIG FRAMES....
    they overwhelm even YOUR EXCELLENT IMAGERY.... IMHO

4. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Mike,

wonderful series - if this is your "slow shooting" stuff - you have nothing to worry about :smile: #1 is so cool.

5. Great whites control on an excellent series. Very nicely done.

6. Fine work Mike!
    A veritable bird ballet.
    Fred

7. Awful nice of you to say. Thanks for the kind words Louie.

Thanks Greg. Too bad you didn't like the frames/mats. IMHO I disagree with you. They are actually a little too small for the size of the images. They are a compromise due to the limited posting size. Mats/frames are suppose to set-off an image (from it's surroundings). They are not suppose to compete with the image or match the color of the decor of a room. In general ....the smaller the image..THE WIDER/LARGER the frame/mat. the larger the image size, the smaller/narrower the mat/frame. These could be much larger based on the small size of the images. You really should use a good sized mat/frame to better view images. Especially on smaller prints. A simple white/off-white mat should be used and forget all the extra fancy color mats that match the couch. Thanks again for your input.

Thanks Matthias. I guesss I should complain...eh? LOL. We do have a lot of birds here, year 'round.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Always appreciated.

Thanks Fred. They do put on a good show.

8. Stunning...simply....stunning.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful shots Mikey. I think that you are actually improving with age. :biggrin:

10. Hey My friend, nice to see you post! I say you are getting to good at this! Possibly your best series yet!

Very Nice PP.

NB. Most people dont know that you have a 20D and a 200mm lens. There are a lot of people with 500's and 12 MP cams that would almost kill for images like yours...

Your response to Greg is very interesting. I have read it several times to understand it. Thanks you, that is very valuable to me. Again most people dont you know you have a degree in Design.

As for only Egrets and Ospreys to shoot, quit whining, I have a hard time getting sparrows to pose at this time of year!

11. Right on, but then again not all of us are :biggrin:

12. Thanks for taking a look & commenting.

Thankey Frankey. Nice of you to say. I'm a little worried you've been checking me out, though. If age has anything to do with it...then I should be really good because I'm really old. I even feel old....old as YOU. :eek: :wink: Good to hear from you. Had not seen you in ages. Hope things are good with you. Don't be working yourself to death. You only have 7 months to get ready for the next MI shoot. :biggrin:

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words Andreas. Greatly appreciated. Always nice to have good friends that build you up. The check is in the mail. :wink: Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the "gang" soon.

I have to admit some of those shots were taken with the 400mm. I still prefer the 200mm when I can use it, especially at the osprey nests. Upgraded the 20D to a 40D as well..but all of these IIRC were with the old 20D. I still carry it and use it. Would be nice to have one of those fancy camera and lens combos like you and Frank. :tongue::biggrin:

13. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Hey Mike: you're too young to be using an adjective such as "old." That terms for retirees such as myself and others from the "over the hill" era! Nice work buddy. I've been following some of your saga about the new computer, etc., but I agree with the others: the PP on these images is excellent. The white exposure is right on as well. And yes, I'm counting down the time to MIVI as well. How is Beggar doing? Still at his usual haunts?

14. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    Mike, a real spectacular series! They are all sooo good.

15. Great series of birds in flight. I can't decide which one I like the most... very nice.

16. Thanks David. Guess compared to you and Frank...I'm not all that old. :tongue::wink: Thanks for taking a look and commenting. I have not seen the dolphin in months..but then again I have not ventured North of the blue bridge due to all the thunderstorms we encounter almost daily.

Thanks for the kind words Jessie. Much appreciated.

Many thanks.

17. Great series... I love No. 13. Just has that element of humor that makes it stand out from a group of great images.

18. Great set! #10 is my favorite out of them, makes you look twice :smile:

19. Thanks folks. I appreciate the feedback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.