Yes, you can have too much lens

Real Name
Dan
This guy came too close. Also a good example of why shooting RAW is a good thing. Settings were all adjusted for him fishing in the shade. But the bird didn't stick to the script. I was barely able to recover the clipped highlights. Nothing I could do about the clipped wings. :( But I thought the feather detail came out well. :)

D500/200-500@200mm
1/1250s, f5.6, ISO1000

p3463007294-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Stunning photo. Exceptional detail.
Thanks, Jim. That is some crazy feather detail.
I beg to disagree. This image is a LOT more artistic and successful in all regards than most images that don't clip the wings. So much to like about it!
Glad you enjoyed the image, Mike. It is a bit different to be sure.
I'm with you. The clipped wings bring the bird right up to the viewer.
Thanks for commenting, Ken.
Wow! Love the perspective.
Thanks, Nick. It does give a little different perspective on the bird.
Close works here with fish and splash water.
Thanks, Allan. Close work indeed. According to Cornell and average adult eagle is 32 in long, beak to tail. This one occupied 2/3 of the uncropped horizontal frame. That calculates to the bird being about 35 ft from the camera. My wife got a better view of it. She wasn't looking through a VF. She rarely gets excited about critters but thought that was pretty cool.
Awesome shot.
Thanks, Louis.
This is a great image with so much action and things for your eye to follow, love it!
Glad you enjoyed it, Andreas.
Great shot! I'll clip those wings a little bit more.
Thanks for commenting. I wish there was a bit more room in front of the bird. I'd add some canvas but that would require re-creating the tips of that bottom wing which is beyond my skills.
Great Lemonade
Indeed. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom