Yesterday at the beach

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Experimenting with fill flash at the beach yesterday. I'm impressed with how well the D2X handled this challenging metering situation. Fortunately, my daughter was distracted by a sponge she found on the shore.

43406912-L.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the lighting, you handled it well. Obviously a tough situation w/the background too. Your daughter is lovely, a good model for practising.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice image of your daugthter.

(would crop the right side of image though, if were mine.)

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Deep concentration. Lovely young lady. Dad, you did good with this shot.

Thanks for sharing,

5. Very nice image of your daughter deep in thought. Nicely done.

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Nice, yes; but it needs more fill to compensate for the very bright highlight on the water.

7. Hi Mitchell,

Nice photo. I did post processing on your photo. I hope you don't mind. Like Gale said about the tighter crop and cut out the right part. And Bigpixel wanted more fill to composate. So this is the quick result i did with your photo. If you don't like it or don't want me to post the result let me know and i will remove it right away for you.

[​IMG]

Greetings and best regards,
    VinceBeus

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like vince, that is exactly what I would have done. good job.

I hope he likes it and doesn't mind us playing at times. I love to play with good photos.
    Sometimes mine don't interest me much :>))

9. I have nothing else to do for the next few days i have pulled some muscle in my leg i can hardly walk normal at the time. And about playing with good photo's that is totally right it is great thing to do. And my own photo's i just looked at for hours then it is nice to see a totally different photo (or other person on the photos from me to work with).

Yes lets hope he will appreciate it thanks for your reply Gale.

Greetings,
    Vince

10. Vince,
    Thank you for your kind words and great efforts with this photo! I never mind when others work with my pictures. It is really a great way for all of us to learn.

Normally I would have cropped this picture tighter. I was actually experimenting with the D2X to see how it would handle what I thought was a very challenging scene. I was less interested in the content of the photo than how the entire scene was lit. Glad to see the photo generated some interest.

Thanks again!