Yesterday Morning with Jonathan

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Jonathan (The Chemist) came down for a morning shoot at Ft. D. yesterday morning. It was a pretty morning but the pretty light didn't last long and the water was very high. We pretty much spent two hours wading in the lagoon with all sorts of birds but a lot of them out of range. I had some problems as well with focusing - a large number of OOF shots with my 200~400. Seems I completely forgot to use long lens technique and that is a no-no with this lens :Dizzy:.

Anyway, still managed some shots. Got to go now and take my tripod apart to clean all the sand and saltwater out of it - it was almost completely submerged at times :smile:.

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Jose

1) Most of the time the skimmers stayed at least this far away. Quite a show though.

175650489-O.

2) You can see the bait fish running for their lives in this one!

175415029-O.

3) An Ibis that happened to briefly come out of the weeds.

[​IMG]

4) The Prize!! My first encounter with the white morph :eek:. It didn't stay long - being harassed by a regular Reddish.

[​IMG]

2. some very nice work Jose!

3. Another well Shot Set Jose

4. Despite your complaints about the day :)smile:), a great series, Jose!!! Beautiful late day light on the white morph.

5. Nice set of pics Jose. The Ft. sure provides some great photo ops.

Jonathan....you were in town? Pfffff you pin head. LOL

6. I like the light Jose fins series.
    Lou

7. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Beautiful shots Jose.

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Jose,

I think the white morph is outstanding! I really like the way the eye lit up. Actually they are all pretty good!

9. Good work on these Jose.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent set

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful light (and shots) Jose. :smile:

12. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    The white morph is an instant classic. Great shot. The light in all of them is outstanding.

13. Thaks so much All!! As always I truly appreciate the kind words. You all are a great bunch!

All the best,

Jose

14. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks so much for shooting with me Jose! It was great seeing you again! Love the shots and the processing work you did really shines in the first shot! Way to go. I just got in tonight and hope to have some pictures up tomorrow. Take care and see you at MI5:wink:

15. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    Now if only the Chemist wasn't a canon shooter :(