1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yesterday was a good day!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by nuccifamily, Mar 31, 2007.

1. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

With two kids and all of the associated expenses, I must say that my wife and I rarely spend money on ourselves. Well, I broke down and a portion of my year-end bonus went to me! Yesterday, I recieved a used D2H (6k actuations) from Ched, and a new D200, MB-D200, and 50mm 1.8 from B&H! I felt like a little kid opening these boxes and playing with my new toys. My wife convinced me not to take the cameras to bed with us last night. While I still have a huge learning curve, the pictures that I got from the D2H of my son playing hoops in a dark gym last night were already better. The 8 fps kept scaring me each time I held the shutter down... a far cry from the 3 fps in the D70.

I thought of converting the D70 to IR, but it has a lot of actuations and my wife doesn't appear interested in these new cameras. So, it will likely become her camera.... not that she ever takes any pictures with me around!

I guess I need to change my sig... and I still have that darn Sea Doo! By the way, you are all to blame for this! :wink:

2. By the way, this was my first prime and I love the 50mm 1.8! However, you all would have laughed at me as I tried to turn the zoom ring for about the first 15 minutes last night! :biggrin: :biggrin:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congratulations ... Thats great and you will love them:>))))

4. Thanks Gale, or Mrs. D200!

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I know how you feel about your D2H , it still happens to me each time I use mine :biggrin:

And I'm sure you'll love the 50mm as much as everyone else did, it's really a great lens !

Have fun with you new toys now :wink:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yep thats me
    LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the D200

7. Thanks Julien! You were definitely part of my D2H inspiration!

8. Played with the D200 a little bit yesterday and I love the colors straight out of the camera! I also have to say that I love the size of the pro body. Just like the weight and feel in my hands. Even when combined with the 70-200 2.8, the camera just feels more balanced instead of all of the weight out front. Haven't taken anything worth sharing yet, but hope to get out next weekend and will post if the pics are deemed worthy. :smile:

9. awww, that breaks your heart doesn't it... :biggrin: :wink:

10. The irony is that several years ago, when we purchased our first SLR (Pentax), she was the one who talked of this hobby and possibly pursuing a career because she loved photography. But, after purchasing several magazines, I think she realized the amount of work that went in to taking great photos. Since then, she is pretty content with point and shoots or the p&s capabilities of the D70. Now, she just sits back and enjoys my passion for it and doesn't have a clue as to what I am talking about. I am teaching her slowly...

11. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Wow thanks a lot Anthony ! I'm happy to have contributed to lighten up your wallet in the process too :biggrin:

12. Yeah, I thank you only for the inspiration... not for what you have done for my financial situation! :wink:

13. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    NAS is a heavy burden to bare but someone has to do it.
    In another life that ment Navel Air Station

14. Do not give up hope. When I migrated from a D70 to a D80, my wife took possession and has enjoyed the excellent results she gets from operating in automatic mode where her only challenge is handling the zoom function.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.