1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yet another Dragonfly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jpope42, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Still learning how to shoot macro, but this guy landed on the milkweed in my garden recently and I couldn't resist picking up the macro and firing away. I don't know what kind of dragonfly this is, so maybe someone can help me out.

Shot with a 105vr, handheld on a D200.

JHP2592_mas.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Very nice. A male Blue dasher, I think

Larry

3. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    Geez, Im rethinking my options of getting a High Zoom lens first.

4. Nice shot, Jim!

I would avoid cutting the wings... anyhoo you´re obviously on the right track...

5. Thanks Jukka, I just fired away without too much thinking except trying to get the thing in focus. It's REALLY hard with this lens. Also, thanks for the info, Larry. I'll need a book to identify these things I guess. We have a lot of them.

Once you get the 105 vr, Ryan, you'll be hooked on Macro.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.