1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yet more Antarctic scenes (!)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Pa, Jan 7, 2018.

1. You folks may be getting tired of these, but here are three more I would like to share.

1. Overlooking the ice-choked Lemaire Channel
    _D723836-XL.
    NIKON D7200    ---    50mm    f/9.0    1/320s    ISO 100

2. Hikers trekking to a distant penguin rookery
    _D723851-XL.
    NIKON D7200    ---    52mm    f/9.0    1/320s    ISO 100

3. Returning to the Zodiac landing.
    _D723877-XL.
    NIKON D7200    ---    26mm    f/9.0    1/250s    ISO 100

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The scenery is amazing in all of them but I especially like the composition in the last one.

3. Looks cold! Nice captures!

4. Thanks, Mike. I agree with your choice.

Thanks, Kevin. Not nearly as cold as it's been here since we returned!

5. Thanks for sharing your very interesting images of this desolate wilderness. Love the orange weather gear as it sparks up the image.

6. Love the sense of scale in #2 and the fabulous composition, and cold grey water, in # 3. Nice to see these action shots, instead of just folks in orange standing around!

7. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    Keep them coming. Most of us have never seen this part of the world. Great pics.

8. Cracking scenery, I like #3 vert much.

9. I know it's an overused cliché*, but the phrase "stark beauty" comes readily to mind, and is most apt here.

* Yeah, I know I'm being redundant; all clichés, by definition, are over used :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anything worth using is worth being overused.

11. Such as wine!

12. Thanks, Gordon. Of course the orange parkas help the guides keep up with where the paying customers are. :) 

Thanks, Nick.

Thanks, Tex.

Thanks, John.

13. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Impressive (y)

14. One more nice set, thanks for sharing. #3 is special with colors and composition.

15. Thanks, West and Binnur.

16. And to think I said I did not not want to Sherpa on such a cold trip .:censored:  Fascinating adventure Jim, now I can say I know 2 folks that have been to Antarctica, you and Lyndee Loo. You ought to come to Old Car City with us this spring .

17. Nice set. Really brings out the contrast between human beings and the vastness around them. The thought of being left behind in that awful but beautiful wilderness is the thing of nightmares.

18. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Somehow I missed this post! These images, Jim, are marvelous and they all bring back memories of my trip there. You've done a wonderful job with photographing Antarctica!

19. BrianDW

BrianDW

May 14, 2014
    Portsmouth UK
    Magnificent scenery, and improved by the figures providing scale.

20. Thanks for looking, Tom.

Thanks, John. I agree, I wouldn't want to be left alone out there, but some early explorers were and survived.

Many thanks Lyndee.

Thanks, Brian. The scenery is breathtaking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.