Yet more GBH at the dam.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Greg, May 31, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Yup, I was there also. Had a great time but I can see now I shouldn't have given my spot to Patrick or Chris. Great shots guys. I had to settle on whatever spots I could find. Poor me!

Seriously, I had a great time with Patrick and Chris on this day. Patrick and I tried something new. We each had a two way radio with miniature headset and voice activated transmitter. Since we did separate ourselves by about 50-100 yards we were able to advise when one saw a bird before the other or they had one coming up behind them. Worked pretty good. the funniest was when the Microphone would pick up the machine gun Patrick was shooting. All I could hear was the brrrrrrrrrrrr. I new he was on one then.

On to the pics....

This is the same bird and fish Patrick posted but shot when the GBH picked it up up stream.
    [​IMG]

Slippery Rock...He finally gave up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that I see these all together looks like I need to work on color temp a bit. Conditions were changing But I didn't think that bad. back to the book I guess.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg, those are great. Patrick said y'all had fun. I think I like the first and fifth ones the best! That first one really gives you a feel for his wingspan....well done.

3. Greg
    tracking the birds through changing light is not easy need to be able to adjsut EV on the fly and that is easier said than done
    Very nice series of shots

4. Well done Greg. The last one, with the fish, is very impressive. Did the heron just drop it?

5. great series Greg!!!!!! Luv the shots with the fish, the one, how the heck is he going to eat something of that size, and the other one he dropped. Great captures Greg, very impressive shots!

Keith

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    That was really an enjoyable day. I look forward to the next trip. I have never seen that many active GBH in one place before.

I like the last shot of the dropped fish the best as well as GBH in flight turning.

Thanks,

7. Hi Greg,

Excellent series, I do like #6 most (losing the fish).

Thanks for sharing.

8. WOW Greg!!! Amazing work!! I don't think I have ever seen a shot like the last one you captured!! :D :D :D :D

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

I thought about you guys as I was getting ready for the Merritt trip. Looks like you all had very productive days. Good shots.