YIKES I'M FLYING

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Just a fun image from today street fair in St. George. Of course there is a little PS work as well. :shock: :? I had previously entered this in the challenge competion (abstract) but changed my mind.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon, for some reason, this one just cracked me up. I spent all day today chasing birdies around this part of the country, and none of my shots turned out this good.... 8)

Thanks for the giggle.... :lol:

Frank

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    that is a really neat piggy. 8) a masterpiece! How did you make it levitate like that?

4. Believe it or not Craig I just threw the white sheet behind the pig out of focus and the natural shadows made it look like the ocean and sky. It was hanging by a metal rod and I just cloned it out. The rest was just normal processing with a little sharpening.

5. hmmm what's that saying, "If pigs could fly...." ;-)

6. Thanks for looking Janet. And now they can (fly that is).

7. Well after several hours looking through Sibleys I cant seem to find this one!!! :wink: Very cool shot

8. Thanks Mike, I too have had a hard time identifying it. Not even sure if it is a bird or an animal. Thanks for your comments.

9. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Gordon, I think the ID is Flying Pig (Politicus promisus).

Great shot and a shame you pulled it out of the competition. I like it a lot. It's both clever and very funny.

Neil

10. Thanks Neil, it came out better than I expected. As for the competition I was not sure it was an abstract so I put another entry in. I like it better for that particular competition. Check it out.

11. Amazing and it doesn't even look aerodynamic! What will they think of next!

Nice job!!!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

Love the creativity here. Great shot, all done well.

I am curious about carrying around a sheet ??? To
    a street fair hummmm

I also love to shoot People and things at the fairs. I have some really cute shots.

Thank You for Sharing
    Gale

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Hi Gale, thanks for the creativity comment. As for the sheet, it covered the booth next door and if you look you can see the cross members as shadows.

Paul, the politicus promisus usually can't fly so this one should be a shoo in for the next election. :lol: :lol: Thanks for your comments and for looking.

15. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Gordon, the more I look at that image, the more I think it's a shot with very good commercial possibilities. I've looked at it about 5 times now and each time, aside from making me smile, I'm more impressed with just how well it works. It's beautifully exposed and the background works brilliantly.

Neil

16. Gee thanks Neil, I too thought it came out well. It definitely looks like it is floating above the earth. :eek: :eek: