Yippee!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by sonyam, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I'm officially in the D700 club too! (Fedex man came early after yesterday's fiasco.....) YAY!

Off to play now...I charged my extra D300 battery last night, so it's already set to go. :biggrin:

2. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more of your excellent work.

3. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Yippee! Congrats..........looking forward to future postings of your D700 images.

4. I guess we'll see ya when the battery runs out!!!!! Have fun!

5. Oh, and I have to add something. You know you have NAS, and an addiction to gear when you answer the door for the Fedex man while still in jammies with hair standing on end. They did an early delivery after *misplacing* my box yesterday for a few hours. And for the first time EVER in my life, I opened the door, smiled, walked out in my jammies to sign, and didn't even think twice, LOL! I'm sure he's seen worse, but I never ever ever open the door if I'm still in jammies. Just had to share that little bit as well.... :biggrin:

6. Hahaha, NAS is a wicked thing to have. :biggrin:

Now i wanna see some pic's!

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Awesome! Can't wait to see some images :smile:

8. Yahoo Sonya! I was out with my daughter today on a walk. It is so hot and humid (and forecast worse), so I am not up to shooting much outside.

9. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

I think those Fed Ex guys live for that fantasy..

10. Hey, deliver a great camera and see a beautiful lady in her jammies all in one trip....what's not to like?

Congratulations, Sonya. Look forward to your work with it.

11. If I were in something a little more flattering than flannel I'd agree, LOL!

Thanks Harry.

12. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hi Sonya,

congrats on your new toy, look forward to seeing some of your pics!

Could you please talk me out of buying a D700?. Photog is just a hobby for me and I'm trying hard to resist.

Did you notice any difference in color rendition or tone when comparing to the D300?

13. yes. absolutely yes, there is an amazing difference. I'll have pics up in a second.

14. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Oh, no!!! I knew I shouldn't have asked!

15. see my other post.....I'll be doing more over the weekend....

16. Give us your companions of the D700 vs. D300. The jammies must have been a sight to behold. You might send us an image of that sight.

17. I know the feeling, like a kid waiting on Christmas.

I'm sure the Fedex guy will look forward to deliveries to your address from now on :wink:

18. sonya,
    i am SO happy for you
    i cannot wait to see you put it to good use

good luck

19. The D700 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I sold my D3 and moved to a D700.
    I then put my D300 up for sale because in addition to being my gymnastics body, the D700 can be my general purpose and light carry/travel body.
    I can even see myself shooting it in crop mode for outdoor sports; its 5mp image size still bests that of my former D2HS.
    Probably good enuff for my personal usage.

If Nikon would only come out with a fast focus, fast aperture prime like Canon's 135 2, I'd drink the black and yellow kool-aid and sell off my remaining Canon gear. :wink:
    Who knows, maybe I'll get really lucky and there'll be an accommodating Nikon lens announcement before Photokina. :smile:

20. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Welcome to the club Sonya. You will enjoy it very much. Hope to see pics soon.