1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yorkshier premier league cricket

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bluesmangraham, Aug 9, 2009.

1. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    You have captured some really great action and especially liked #3 where you have captured the fast bowler in all his intensity. I also like how you have captured the batsmen playing the shots, especially the square cut in #5 with the ball in the frame. I would love to shoot cricket someday but we do not have any games played around the area I live in. The only cricket I get to watch is on the computer when I subscribe to these games (One day and 20-20). Great job.

By the way, what equipment did you use to shoot this sequence?

2. Hi Shekhar, thanks for commenting!. I love 20/twenty cricket too but one day stuff like these pics can get exciting when the overs start to run out:smile:.
    As for your question on equipment, I shot with a Nikon D2h, nikkor 300mm f2.8 AFS-II & for only my second time a 1.4 converter which I reall needed on these pitches as they where quite a bit bigger than some I shoot at. Kind regards Graham.

3. I like the set, IMHO (and not knowing that much about cricket, still trying to equate it to baseball) the most effective images are the ones where the action is coming at the viewer, in Cricket where batsman are able to hit in almost 360 degrees it is difficult but No. 5 and 7, the exception being No. 9 show it well. This goes for bowlers as well. I'm following England's Ashes performance on BBC and their images (mostly reaction shots) are stellar.

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Graham, nicely done. I know nothing of cricket, and even tho it breaks the rules of leaving space in front of the action I like #1 for some reason. #3 is a great capture also!

5. Thank you for your input Guys!

Brooks, thanks for your input :smile:.Your correct in linking the game to baseball as unlikely as it seems, it has a lot of connecting features!. The trouble with cricket is they have 2 ends to bowl (pitch) from which can be a pain if you get a LH batter or LH bowler added to the equasion:frown: as this alters the positioning of the fielders which in turn can, & does put a fielder in your field of view:mad: 

Hello Tim, I'm glad you think #1 works, as I tried to convay the "Stopping" of the ball in the pic!. As for #3 this was a fast bowler in full flight & as such I had no chance of getting the ball in play!( it was already umpteen yards up the field with the batsman by the time this was taken! :biggrin:) . Kind regards Graham.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.