1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yosemite Back Country

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by seabee1999, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Over this past summer, I decided to go to Yosemite but not go see the Valley Floor or some of the other more visited sites of the park. Instead, I took a couple of hiking trips into the parks northern interior to grab some images of places that people don't see much of. Each hike was both exhilerating and hard but worth the hike when I finally arrived to my final destination. If I may, I'd encourage anyone who can to get outside of the popular areas and trails of Yosemite and explore the hiking trails (when they are open in the summer) in the north end of the park to see some of these really neat places. Many of them are open with few people and open for great landscape opportunities. I hope you enjoy and as always, any C&C is appreciated.

God Bless,
    David

Young Lakes Trail to Ragged Peak
    F4s and 28mm/50mm/135mm

1)
    620781591_ySeEJ-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
    620781460_WB3o4-L.jpg

3)
    620781715_4gDyV-L.jpg

Mono Pass in Ansel Adams Wilderness
    FM2n and 24mm/50mm

4)
    620781816_bC82G-L.jpg

5)
    620781329_WrseT-L.jpg

6)
    620780880_k67xz-L.jpg

2. Wow, David!!!! Some of the best results I´ve seen from the charming "old" film cameras! I can see why you keep your F4, FM and F5... Your are tempting me my friend - sometimes, I find myself watching for a second hand F5. However, I suspect that people owning them are wise enough not to sell it so easily...
    Now, your work and B&W skills - it´s not the first time that I feel the need to comment on your fabolous B&W skills. Actually, I am always pleased with the way you managed to bring out the "gray´s" and the textures!
    Again, nicely done!

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

3. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    These are some wonderful shots. I love Yosemit & would love to get back there.

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Magical ! Love the grain ! #3 and 4 are my favs

5. Spoogen_1

Spoogen_1

May 3, 2009
    Longmont, CO
    I like the one of the lake. Nice work

6. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Hi David,
    stunning pictures! I love the contrasts, the composition and your bw conversions!

7. Thanks Rui. It was great being able to shoot with film again. I liked waiting for what the negatives would produce. It was a great mystery. Get an F5 Rui. You'll love it. As for the b&w, I am glad you like the conversions. My hope was that the tones of light would talk. I think I was able to achieve that.

Thanks. Yosemite is a wonderful place. I enjoy each trip there.

Thanks RFC. Those are my favorites as well. I love the grain in these too.

Thank you. I am glad you like these images.

Thanks Markus. These were fun to take and process through.

God Bless,
    David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.