Featured Yosemite Mid-Winter

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by seabee1999, Mar 14, 2017.

1. A few weeks back I took the family up to Yosemite for a quick get away trip. We reserved out room last November so I was just looking forward to the trip. This would also mark my daughter's (3-1/2 now) first trip there and hopefully she will remember bits of it. Anyway, if you don't know, last September I had Achilles tendon surgery and I've been down really since then. So, in a way, this was a trip to see how far along my recovery has gone. Needless to say, my ankle did well and I was able to come away with a couple nice images. I hope you enjoy!

God Bless,
    David

D2xs and various lenses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Glad you had a great trip. Wonderful images. Love your second one especially!

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

These are beautiful, Dave. I also cannot believe that your daughter is 3 1/2 already - time has really flown! I'm also glad to hear that you're doing better!

4. Thank you for looking and for your compliments as well. The second one is a personal favorite of mine as well.

Thank you Lyndee. It is hard to believe that she is almost 4. Time flies. As for my foot, I am progressing along quite nicely. I still have a lot of pain on occasion.

R/
    Dave

5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

So glad you were able to get out and about! Lovely images...and that last one is a real head turner!

6. CAJames

CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    Beautiful!

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    David, awesome way to get back in the swing of things, just superb images and conversions!

8. Holy smokes the infamous David reappears.. :) and shows up in Yosemite. Now we know where you have been hiding.

Nice shots.

9. Thank you Karen. The last one I had to go back to towards the evening. I saw it earlier in the day and I was compelled to return.

Thank you James.

Thanks Wade. It's nice to post a few images here again. I've been doing a lot more work with large and medium formats of late.

Thanks Eric. Yeah I had to show these off.

A special thanks to Amin for featuring this post. I was surprised and honored to have a thread featured on the new look Cafe!

R/
    Dave

10. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

David, so glad you're mended and out shooting again! And these are really wonderful shots.

11. Thank you Glenn. It's nice to up and around again.

R/
    Dave

12. Nice images, I've missed Yosemite.

13. Thanks Rod. Hopefully you can get up there in the spring. The waterfalls should be flowing really good this year.

R/
    Dave

14. Lovely images David. The B&W conversion is beautiful.

15. Thank you Phil. I appreciate your comments.

R/
    Dave