Yosemite, Part 3 - waterfalls

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Apr 5, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    It was biting cold (at least to me, a Californian) all through the day and the only signs of warmth was during sunset and that was only in the light.

Pretty muddy / cold light, I have tried to be faithful to what I saw.

I still don't know the name of this waterfall. This seems like it is Upper Yosemite, but it is not. This is the first waterfall you encounter as you enter the park from 140. In my 4 visits to Yosemite, I saw water here for the first time. Let me know if you know the name of this waterfall.

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil falls from the main road, just before you take the turn towards the parking lot. Cooled it quite a bit to show how cold it really was.

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil falls from tunnel view, late afternoon.

[​IMG]

Same time, another view.

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil falls, after sunset

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil falls, as the sun sets, from Tunnel View.

[​IMG]

I will now have to work on Yosemite falls :)

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Anand,

You just keep stoking my wanderlust.... 8)

Great shots!!

Frank

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks again, Frank.

4. A very majestic place that you have captured well. No wonder Ansel Adams spent so much time there.

5. Alright, I didn't miss this post this time. It's all Gordon's fault for telling me about the "Mark All Topics Read" button. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding Gordon!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great shots. Your last shot looks like a backdrop of something you would see in a movie!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

6. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Gordon, Bryan.

Not only did Ansel spend so much time there, I have no wonder he is the master of post processing.

I am tearing my hair apart trying to post process :))

7. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Obelix

Sublime, especially the last one is WOW

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Hans :)

9. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Really NicE!, the whole series. thankyou for posting.

10. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Craig. I will probably have one more set before I am done.

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Fantastic...you really have an eye for the falls! The last is absolutely the best! Keep them coming.

12. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks again, Leigh.

13. Yosemite

I'm not sure if this series should be titled "Yosemite", or "Anand Bonds With His New Lens". But after
    looking at your pictures, I'm pretty sure you're well on the way to getting over your buyer's remorse :) .
    These were my personal favorites out of your Yosemite pics. I'll bet they look great printed, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ansel would be proud of you 8).

14. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Re: Yosemite

UncleFrank

Those are really big words!

Thanks a lot.

Definitely on my way out of buyers remorse :).

I have at least 8-10 more photos I can confidently show to the world :). I am low on time right now, will post them before the week ends.