Yosemite pics - 1st post in this gallery

Hi all,

I am new member here.. joined yesterday. In hopes of being more active in this forum, here are a few pics I shot last year October on my trip to Yosemite & Mono Lake.

Please critique....

Gates of the Valley, Yosemite
11407743-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Elysian Fields, on the way to Bridgeport
11437912-L.jpg

Mono lake sunrise
11451793-L.jpg

Those are some great looking shots. The only thing
I would recommend is posting them larger. I think
you can post up to 960 on the long side.

Beautiful images, Durgesh!

I would consider increasing the contrast slightly on the first one, but other than that I like them all. Each one of those is a shot that I could see myself sitting in place for quite some time to see what happened with the sky and light. You obviously have a good eye for landscape shots.

iunknown said:
Hi all,

I am new member here.. joined yesterday. In hopes of being more active in this forum, here are a few pics I shot last year October on my trip to Yosemite & Mono Lake.

Please critique....

Mono lake sunrise
11451793-L.jpg

Wow, very nice.

F15Todd said:
Those are some great looking shots. The only thing
I would recommend is posting them larger. I think
you can post up to 960 on the long side.

Thanks Todd.
Currently I have only small size uploaded; I'll upload big size images by this weekend.

Hi Durgesh,

Very impressive work! They are all great, but my (sentimental) favorite is Yosemite. I like you clean and stylish presentation as well: is that a PS action?

And Welcome to the Cafe!

PhotoDawg said:
OH WOW!! The lake sunrise is unbelievable!!! WOW!! :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks. You will like this one too...
11437910-L.jpg

DavidM said:
Beautiful images, Durgesh!

I would consider increasing the contrast slightly on the first one, but other than that I like them all. Each one of those is a shot that I could see myself sitting in place for quite some time to see what happened with the sky and light. You obviously have a good eye for landscape shots.
Thanks David.

I'd try your sugesstion about increasing the contrast on the first one and post again.

RomanJohnston said:
First off.....Let me say all 3 are exceptional shots.

VERY nice work!

OK..now to the critique...

1. Gates of the Valley - Composition is first rate as well as the perspective. On my color calibrated monitor the white balance seems a little unnaturally yellow (easy to correct) Now...a question.....I have been to Yosemite......and I know how hard it is to capture a balance of the sky and the foreground.....while it looks awesome...the sky looks unusually crisp....and the edges where they meet the bold face just seems to show signs of editing....is there some editing or manipulation there?

No matter what your answer....VERY nice shot.

2. Elysian Fields - Wonderful use of frame space.....eye is drawn all over the entire frame extremely well from the detail of the cows....to the band of wonderful trees....to the well exposed sky behind the mountains.

Exceptional work...nothing I can see to improve.

3. Mono Lake Sunrise - This shot is perfect. The moon and the amazing colors....absolutely mind boggling.

Exceptional work....and your editing techniques are top drawer.

Roman

Roman,

Let me first say how much I appreciate your comments.

I see what you mean by more yellow. Either my monitor is to blame or my eyes which like warm feeling in the pictures. I have had similar comments on other pictures by some other members too.

regarding the sky, its all natural (no addition), I would have applied some saturation to it, if I can remember correctly; this was like 4-5 months back :)

I'd dig out the raw and do processing again on this one & post.

I am also working on getting my monitor calibrated again.

Philippe Roger said:
Hi Durgesh,

Very impressive work! They are all great, but my (sentimental) favorite is Yosemite. I like you clean and stylish presentation as well: is that a PS action?

And Welcome to the Cafe!

Thanks Philippe.

I too have a connected feeling about Yosemite; my wife thinks I am crazy about Yosemite :lol:

Yes, the framing is a PSCS action which another helpful dpr member had sent me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom