Yosemite pics - part 4

Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
714
Location
Fremont, CA, USA
I am a bit ashamed to post this on the same night Shahed posted his immaculate collection, part II, but still I will muster courage and try :)

Lower Yosemite Falls

19060602-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Shaped by time

19097762-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Upper and lower yosemite falls

19097764-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Chapel and the falls

19142592-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


El Capitan after sunset [Remarkably close to what I saw]

19097770-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Lower Yosemite falls

19097774-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Critiques welcome.

[update] Updated the skies, thanks to Dave Kapp.
 
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
122
Location
San Francisco
This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
714
Location
Fremont, CA, USA
dkapp said:
This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

This was easily my most favorite shot and a better sky would help - definitely.
 
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
122
Location
San Francisco
obelix said:
dkapp said:
This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

This was easily my most favorite shot and a better sky would help - definitely.

I'll get that tutorial to you yet. I got a little sidetracked today looking for a receipt, then running for my life. (Story on my blog)

We'll chat in the AM.

Dave
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
714
Location
Fremont, CA, USA
dkapp said:
obelix said:
dkapp said:
This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

This was easily my most favorite shot and a better sky would help - definitely.

I'll get that tutorial to you yet. I got a little sidetracked today looking for a receipt, then running for my life. (Story on my blog)

We'll chat in the AM.

Dave

Sure, I think this needs a replacement sky for sure. Take your time.

Dude - I checked your blog. You are getting into scarier territory - and beginning to worry me. You should sync up with Bruce Lynn. He does some silly things like you do and the two of you can watch out for each other.
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
3,497
Location
South SF Bay Area, CA.
Wow! Anand, this is getting better and better. I really like the first one of this series and the chapel. You really captured the essence of the place. Well done! 8)
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
714
Location
Fremont, CA, USA
Two more versions of El Capitan.

Which one do you prefer?

19123061-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

19123065-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
33,664
Location
St. George, Utah
As one who has hiked from the valley floor to the top of upper falls I have a particular affinity for your images. The one of the old chapel with the falls in the background is a wonderful image and I like it a lot. Nice job on all of these.
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
714
Location
Fremont, CA, USA
Thanks Clive and Gordon.

Gordon - I have not done much hiking in Yosemite at all :(. Usually I am there with family and hiking is a big NO-NO.

I hiked a little bit last May to the foot of Vernal falls, there was no mist to do the mist trail, but I fondly remember this scene.

10049467-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom