Yosemite pics - part 4

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Apr 7, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    I am a bit ashamed to post this on the same night Shahed posted his immaculate collection, part II, but still I will muster courage and try :)

Lower Yosemite Falls

[​IMG]

Shaped by time

[​IMG]

Upper and lower yosemite falls

[​IMG]

Chapel and the falls

[​IMG]

El Capitan after sunset [Remarkably close to what I saw]

[​IMG]

Lower Yosemite falls

[​IMG]

Critiques welcome.

[update] Updated the skies, thanks to Dave Kapp.

2. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

This was easily my most favorite shot and a better sky would help - definitely.

4. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I'll get that tutorial to you yet. I got a little sidetracked today looking for a receipt, then running for my life. (Story on my blog)

We'll chat in the AM.

Dave

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Sure, I think this needs a replacement sky for sure. Take your time.

Dude - I checked your blog. You are getting into scarier territory - and beginning to worry me. You should sync up with Bruce Lynn. He does some silly things like you do and the two of you can watch out for each other.

6. Your series is immaculate!! Thanks for sharing this set!! :) :) :) :) :)

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Your posts just get better and better....

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks again Bryan and Leigh

9. Wow! Anand, this is getting better and better. I really like the first one of this series and the chapel. You really captured the essence of the place. Well done! 8)

10. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Philippe.

11. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Two more versions of El Capitan.

Which one do you prefer?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. I wanna go there. Like now!

13. As one who has hiked from the valley floor to the top of upper falls I have a particular affinity for your images. The one of the old chapel with the falls in the background is a wonderful image and I like it a lot. Nice job on all of these.

14. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Thanks Clive and Gordon.

Gordon - I have not done much hiking in Yosemite at all :(. Usually I am there with family and hiking is a big NO-NO.

I hiked a little bit last May to the foot of Vernal falls, there was no mist to do the mist trail, but I fondly remember this scene.

[​IMG]