Yosemite pics - part 4

I am a bit ashamed to post this on the same night Shahed posted his immaculate collection, part II, but still I will muster courage and try :)

Lower Yosemite Falls

19060602-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shaped by time

19097762-L.jpg

Upper and lower yosemite falls

19097764-L.jpg

Chapel and the falls

19142592-L.jpg

El Capitan after sunset [Remarkably close to what I saw]

19097770-L.jpg

Lower Yosemite falls

19097774-L.jpg

Critiques welcome.

[update] Updated the skies, thanks to Dave Kapp.

This set is so much better than the first I saw, no question.

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

dkapp said:

This chapel shot crushes your previous post, but I would still like to see you work it a bit more. Try and pull some detail out of that sky, and I think it will really add to the shot.

Dave

Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

This was easily my most favorite shot and a better sky would help - definitely.

obelix said:
dkapp said:

Dave

Dave,

There was nothing in the sky in this shot, even after I under-exposed 2 stops in capture. I will spend more time with the sky on this - definitely.

I'll get that tutorial to you yet. I got a little sidetracked today looking for a receipt, then running for my life. (Story on my blog)

We'll chat in the AM.

Dave

dkapp said:
obelix said:
dkapp said:

Dave

Dave,

I'll get that tutorial to you yet. I got a little sidetracked today looking for a receipt, then running for my life. (Story on my blog)

We'll chat in the AM.

Dave

Sure, I think this needs a replacement sky for sure. Take your time.

Dude - I checked your blog. You are getting into scarier territory - and beginning to worry me. You should sync up with Bruce Lynn. He does some silly things like you do and the two of you can watch out for each other.

Two more versions of El Capitan.

Which one do you prefer?

19123061-L.jpg

19123065-L.jpg

As one who has hiked from the valley floor to the top of upper falls I have a particular affinity for your images. The one of the old chapel with the falls in the background is a wonderful image and I like it a lot. Nice job on all of these.

Thanks Clive and Gordon.

Gordon - I have not done much hiking in Yosemite at all :(. Usually I am there with family and hiking is a big NO-NO.

I hiked a little bit last May to the foot of Vernal falls, there was no mist to do the mist trail, but I fondly remember this scene.

10049467-L.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom