1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yosemite redux

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by chicagozer, Aug 15, 2009.

1. There hasn't been a Yosemite thread for a while so I figured I'd give this spectacular park a bump. At every turn there seems to be some majestic formation or intricate plant or curious wildlife.

This picture is from Cathedral Lakes - about a 3.5 mile hike from Tuolumne Meadows or maybe 10 miles if you are hardcore and hike from the valley.

D300, Nikon 10-24mm @ 10mm f/11. 3 shot bracket on tripod, post-processed with qtpfsgui.

cathedral1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I love this place. I spent several summers climbing around Tualemne meadow including
    Great White Book, Cathedral Peak, Crescent Arch and Third Pillar.
    I likw the composission but I really don't care for the post processing at all. As a matter of fact I would have to use this image as a perfect example of everything that is bad about hdr. Sorry :( 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.