Yosemite river at night - Comment please

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Firestorm_westy, Apr 7, 2007.

1. First real play with very slow speeds.

Gives a really surreal feel to the water.

Is the white balance way off?

Comments?

[​IMG]

2. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I like it has a nice effect what was your shutter speed? I cant comment on white balance it looks fine to me but i cant set my own up ..

3. Settings were 30.0 seconds, at f10

4. I am not sure about the WB the more I look at it...

5. Paul, I like it. Gives me some ideas.

If you don't mind me asking what time was it? (i.e. how much coffee should I drink before trying to pull this off)

6. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Paul it looks good. Funny thing you came all the way from UK to Yosemite. I live two hours away and have never been there. Now that is week. :mad:

7. Heh. I live in Los Angeles and I've been to the beach two or three times in the last ten years. I think I went to Yosemite four times 9/05 through 07/06.

8. Jeff, This was shot at about 20:30 or so - It had just gone dark... Yosemite View Lodge is a great place to shoot the river from (there is a nice Restaurant there too!)

Paul

9. that picture is awesome......what is your tripod and head setup??

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    blue water and rocks??

11. A Manfrotto (Bogen in the US I think) 718 Digi with the standard head that comes with it. It is called 'Mini' but don't assume this means weak - Just light!

It is light, and pretty sturdy - Great for what I need - Well worth a look.

12. Exactly - I am still unsure of the White Balance - I will have another look tonight. Still, it was pretty much pitch black, so perhaps a 30 second exposure will give that effect?