Yosemite Scouting Trip

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by seabee1999, Sep 2, 2008.

1. This past weekend, my wife and I went to Yosemite for a short weekend trip. It was intended to be a get-a-way from our home in Nevada as well as a scouting trip for new places and angles for me to shoot for the next time I go there in October. Here are a few of the shots I came back with. I will have plenty more in October. I should have 3 full days there then. For now, I hope you enjoy these.

God Bless,
    David

For all shots, D1x and 20, 35, 50, or 80-200

363830906_Wq6Wd-L.jpg

363831025_NJa2G-L.jpg

363831109_tJGNE-L.jpg

363831190_WtUqA-L.jpg

363831321_pHRU3-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Scouting trip? Yosemite is never a couting trip.. You always come away with quality shots as long as you are patient... It seems you were patient while at Yosemite...

Kewl images!!!

3. Many thanks Eric. I was patient at times. When I have more time to play with I am very patient. Thanks for looking.

God Bless,
    David

4. Wow!! Fabulous work David!!! That D1X is still kickin' I must say!!

5. Thanks Leung. Yep that D1x is still kicking. I do have to send both of them into the shop soon. They need a good CLA.

God Bless,
    David

6. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Great shots, I really want to visit this park. All in due time but until then you have shown me some great places to capture.

7. David

Photography is all about seeing the light and you nailed it in the #1 photo.
    Great job and thanks for posting.

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com

Take care Dwayne Oakes

8. Thanks for looking and commenting. Yosemite is a fun and magical place. I hope that you are able to go there someday. I look forward to seeing your shots from there.

Thank you Dwayne. On the first shot, I almost didn't take it. In fact I was really tired from the early morning drive that I was wanting to stay in. I am glad I went out instead. Thanks for looking.

God Bless,
    David

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    #1 is especially nice. Congrats !

10. Thank you looking and commenting. I am glad you liked them.

God Bless,
    David

11. Really nice. #1 is excellent!

12. Thank you Anthony.

God Bless,
    David

13. I like picture number one very much. The b/w pictures are less interesting in my opinion. In the last picture i see stripes (banding?). Did you notice that or is it just me?

Gert-Jan

14. Thanks Gert. As for the banding, I did not notice that before but I do see what you're talking about. I think it was in PP'ing. I'll have to look at some other shots from that weekend as well to see if they had the same affect as well as the original RAW file. Thank you for pointing it out for me.

God Bless,
    David

15. pat33

pat33

Nov 13, 2007
    Singapore
    Nice work David. Great stuff.

16. Many thanks Pat. I am glad you like my shots.

To go back to Gert's post, it was from PP. The original RAW file has no banding. I'll see if I can fix the previous PP.

God Bless,
    David

17. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Fine images David, I particually enjoyed the first shot

18. Half dome looks great in B&W. Nicely done, David. Thanks for sharing them.

19. Thanks guys.

God Bless,
    David

20. David,

Good stuff! I was just there myself last week Thursday and got similar shots of Half Dome, El Capitan, and after three trips there finally made my way up to Tuolumne Meadows. Not many flowers but I always feel Gods' incredable hand of creation in the Yosemite Park.

Thanks...Jim