You gotta love garage pictures.

Go ahead, open the garage door, place your subject, shoot near wide open and it is hard to miss. This image is of my grandson Jesse and he has his game face on. The important thing is that my son and his wife like it and it was very easy to take. No flash, no reflector, just old king sol reflecting off the concrete in the driveway and the garage door providing the shade.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Oh, he's ready, isn't he?? Good looking dude, there!!!

And thanks for the info about the garage pics; I didn't realize that the set up was as simple as it sounded.

Gordon, this is wonderful. You do have a distinct advantage with your light concrete driveway serving as a big reflector from below. I will often place a reflector on the floor since I have a black, asphalt driveway.

Great shot! And that is some game face!!!!!!

Thanks for your comments Nick.

Oh, he's ready, isn't he?? Good looking dude, there!!!

And thanks for the info about the garage pics; I didn't realize that the set up was as simple as it sounded.

It is a simple setup Lyndee and the lighting always looks great. It will vary a little depending on the time of day. I appreciate your nice comments.

Gordon, this is wonderful. You do have a distinct advantage with your light concrete driveway serving as a big reflector from below. I will often place a reflector on the floor since I have a black, asphalt driveway.

Your right Mitch, the light colored driveway is much better than the black asphalt. Thanks for taking the time to comment as you are the king of garage pictures. :smile:

Excellent Gordon!

Thanks a bunch Steve.

Great portrait... that lighting is indeed great, unfortunately I'm missing the first step of this since I have no garage :(

Surely a neighbor would let you use their garage. :wink: Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
I can't believe my monitor is so different from everyone else's.
On mine, the original looks very, very yellow.

yellowface.jpg

:smile:
I can't believe my monitor is so different from everyone else's.
On mine, the original looks very, very yellow.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4149/yellowface.jpg

Yours looks very red to me. Actually Jesse has a darker and somewhat yellow complexion as my daughter-in-law is of Spanish ancestry. The WB was set off of a Grey card so I would guess that your monitor is the one that may be off. In any event his skin color, shirt, hair color and the whites of his eyes look spot on to me. :smile:

Here is a picture of his little sister taken at the exact same time of day and processed the same. His sister does not have as much yellow in her complexion:

original.jpg

Here is another one of Jesse and his baby sister so that you can see the difference in complexion. It was taken indoors but with natural light from a large window.

original.jpg

Again, I do not think that my monitor is the one that is off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom