You guys and gals are at fault...

...by talking me into all these lenses. Now I can't decide which to use.

I'm on my way to photograph nature's annual display of Virginia Bluebells by a stream in southern Montgomery County, VA. Last year I used my 18-200VR and wasn't totally satisfied with the results:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This year I have more choices: 50/1.8, 35/2, Tamron SP 90mm macro, Nikkor 12-24/4, 18-200VR, 70-300VR...

As you see, the pictures are both wide and narrow. I know that it is my responsibility as a photog to decide what I want to achieve and make my choice accordingly. But I would like to hear your opinions.

Suggestions?

Definitely take the Tamron Macro...you should get some amazing shots with it. I would also take the 35/2 for wide shots and the 70-300 VR for when you need to stand further back but focus in on something close. That's just my opinion. Good luck!

Obviously, Jim, you don't have anything right. You need to take a 17-55, an 85 1.4 and a 60mm f2.8 Micro. Add those and you will be on the right track.

I'm just here to help you out you know, after all, this is Lens Lust, not "Use what you Already Have" :biggrin: :biggrin:

Obviously, Jim, you don't have anything right. You need to take a 17-55, an 85 1.4 and a 60mm f2.8 Micro. Add those and you will be on the right track.

I'm just here to help you out you know, after all, this is Lens Lust, not "Use what you Already Have" :biggrin: :biggrin:
:actions1:

Real Name
William Beem

I certainly cannot improve upon this advice.

N

Nuteshack

my vote goes for the 35f2 and the tammy macro...i used the same combo last week while out of town and they worked just dandy together ....;-))

Bill

While you are sticking the knife in, why not also recommend a D200 for each lens to avoid dust on the sensor from changing lenses in the field?:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
While you are sticking the knife in, why not also recommend a D200 for each lesn to avoid dust on the sensor from changing lenses in the field?:smile:
C'mon now, get real will you? This is Lens Lust, not Body Lust for crying out loud. Sheesh, try to help out a fellow and look at the stuff I get for my effort ..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :tongue:

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions (except Bill Dewey :tongue: ). The deed is done and I'll post some results shortly.

But first I gotta set up these new computer speakers that John (Gadgetguy11) talked me into and that the Man in Brown just dropped on my doorstep.

C'mon now, get real will you? This is Lens Lust, not Body Lust for crying out loud. Sheesh, try to help out a fellow and look at the stuff I get for my effort ..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :tongue:

I'm just as guilty as you when it comes time to spend someone elses' money. It's fun ain't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty shot last year. I would get down on my belly (not that low) and shoot just above those bluebells with my ultawide at 10mm (yours 12). You might need a tripod. How great are digitals? You can check them out right away. ENJOY

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom