You haven't seen my daughter for a while...

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Oct 9, 2005.

1. srullik

srullik Guest

I have'nt seen her until now and already I want to see more :wink:
    Beautiful picture cwilt. Very good B/W.

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Nicely done, though I think I would have liked the color version better - it's such a sweet shot of her eyes, and you miss out on it with the B&W version (nicely done, BTW). I keep seeing deep blue eyes for some reason.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Here ya go. I prefer the B&W, but everyone has thier own tastes. I saw this as B&W before shutter release.

[​IMG]

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Now, there you go... She does have beautiful blue eyes! I think the shot is composed in such a way to lead the viewer to the eyes, and the color really accentuates her eye.

EDIT: There seems to be a bit of a blueish cast and the skin tones look a bit pale. Hope you don't mind too much, but, I made some tweaks in PS on your image. I'm really terrible with color work, and I'm sure you could probably do better.

Here's what I got:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  5. No question but what the blue eyes are riviting. Nice closely cropped image and while I like the B&W, the color version appeals to me more. Nice touch up Gregory. :smile:

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I never mind someone else trying to correct me. That is the best way to learn. Actually she is fair skinned, and I prefer to go for accurate rather than hollywood skin tones. I will look at the image again and see what I see.

Before the capture of this image someone had placed the idea of simplicity in my head. The B&W is what I invisioned at that time.

Thanks for the critiques, as always. :smile:

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    After further review.

Like this color version better?

[​IMG]

8. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    YOWSER!!!! that's a really cool shot. Nice job!

(btw, what's your name?)

9. With a model as such, dont think you can go wrong with either, she is a beauty and very photogenic :)  . I too personally like the b&w, cant put my finger on it but I like the lighting and moodyness to compliment the look on her face if that makes sense. Might be cool to see in B&W and just have the blue eye in color? btw- you re-do in the color rendition looks better :wink:

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    This is just wonderful--both B&W and color. I like them each equally. Great capture.

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Angelo,

My name is Charles, but my wife has a few other names that I can't use here. :wink:

Kieth,

I have done that before but most think it is odd to have eyes with colour and the rest B&W. I may just for grins though. :smile:

Thanks everyone, for the nice comments.

12. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Very, very nice!!! See, I knew you could do better than me! Great job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.