You haven't seen my daughter for a while...

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Oct 9, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
  2. srullik

srullik Guest

I have'nt seen her until now and already I want to see more :wink:
    Beautiful picture cwilt. Very good B/W.

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Nicely done, though I think I would have liked the color version better - it's such a sweet shot of her eyes, and you miss out on it with the B&W version (nicely done, BTW). I keep seeing deep blue eyes for some reason.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Here ya go. I prefer the B&W, but everyone has thier own tastes. I saw this as B&W before shutter release.

[​IMG]

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Now, there you go... She does have beautiful blue eyes! I think the shot is composed in such a way to lead the viewer to the eyes, and the color really accentuates her eye.

EDIT: There seems to be a bit of a blueish cast and the skin tones look a bit pale. Hope you don't mind too much, but, I made some tweaks in PS on your image. I'm really terrible with color work, and I'm sure you could probably do better.

Here's what I got:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  6. No question but what the blue eyes are riviting. Nice closely cropped image and while I like the B&W, the color version appeals to me more. Nice touch up Gregory. :smile:

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I never mind someone else trying to correct me. That is the best way to learn. Actually she is fair skinned, and I prefer to go for accurate rather than hollywood skin tones. I will look at the image again and see what I see.

Before the capture of this image someone had placed the idea of simplicity in my head. The B&W is what I invisioned at that time.

Thanks for the critiques, as always. :smile:

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    After further review.

Like this color version better?

[​IMG]

9. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    YOWSER!!!! that's a really cool shot. Nice job!

(btw, what's your name?)

10. With a model as such, dont think you can go wrong with either, she is a beauty and very photogenic :) . I too personally like the b&w, cant put my finger on it but I like the lighting and moodyness to compliment the look on her face if that makes sense. Might be cool to see in B&W and just have the blue eye in color? btw- you re-do in the color rendition looks better :wink:

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    This is just wonderful--both B&W and color. I like them each equally. Great capture.

12. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Angelo,

My name is Charles, but my wife has a few other names that I can't use here. :wink:

Kieth,

I have done that before but most think it is odd to have eyes with colour and the rest B&W. I may just for grins though. :smile:

Thanks everyone, for the nice comments.

13. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Very, very nice!!! See, I knew you could do better than me! Great job.