You know its going to be a bad day when....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DiverX, Oct 13, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

...a big Croc bites you in the A$$

Home from a 19 day trip to Kenya last night and what a trip it was! I will have more shots in a few days or so but just wanted to say the D2x and my Nikon stuff performed flawlessly! I used the 200-400VR most of the time, then the 500AF-S was second most used, then the 70-200VR.

The trip was awesome, Migration is unreal, hundreds of thousands of Wildebeest and we actually saw 2 crossings. The guy above was from the second one and he lost his fight to stay alive but it took the Croc over 30min to win this one.

More in a few days.....today a nice juicy Hamburger or some Veal Parm!!! :Wink:

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    No wildebeast burgers? Sure there would be extra, I don't think that croc could eat the whole thing in one sitting! Odd, but I would have thought the Wb would have been thrashing or running as soon as he felt the teeth.

3. It's a nice one. Can't wait to see the rest.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Awesome George! Wanna see the rest of that sequence :eek: ...and looking forward to seeing all the rest of your trip's shots!!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sad for the Wildebeest but part of nature. Great shot though. Can't wait to see lots more. :smile:

6. Very cool shot and great timing! It's hard to believe the croc could actually devour the wb.....looking at the size difference. Anxious to see more of your shots!

7. Incredible great timing..not if you are the wilderbeast of course. Looking forward to your shots George, I cant wait.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

OUCH!!!
    Great photo..

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Rump roast or Butt Burger :biggrin:
    like others wanna see the rest

10. Great Crocs!

That's a great shot! did he do a death roll at any time? seems like a 30 minute battle must have be filled with once in a life time experience.Cant wait to see more! thanks for sharring.

11. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Wildebeast: "Where's my Preparation H ?..... Oh wait, Uh-Ohh!!"

12. nice shot, how long it take to down that meal.... :confused: