You may find that you have money that is owed to you

Do a google search for "unclaimed property___insert your state of residency here___" and then you can perform a search under your name. Most states laws require that the State Comptrollers office hold any unclaimed funds that are owed to you by businesses and financial institutions. Good luck! :biggrin:

Do a google search for "unclaimed property___insert your state of residency here___" and then you can perform a search under your name. Most states laws require that the State Comptrollers office hold any unclaimed funds that are owed to you by businesses and financial institutions. Good luck! :biggrin:

Funny that you should post this now. I was reading the WWJ and they were writing about states changing the minimum time that funds would be held before forfeiture from 5 years to 3 years. One state did this a few years ago, and helped their state deficit.

Thanks Francis. Saw this on the news over this last weekend, went to the site typed in my name, and found out Microsoft OWES me 130.00! The paperwork has been processed. Nice.

I'm pretty sure I have no history, but wanted to check anyway. Is there a link to this place? And where exactly do I submit my name? I think I did visit a site before but couldn't figure out where to submit my name, so i didn't bother.

I'm pretty sure I have no history, but wanted to check anyway. Is there a link to this place? And where exactly do I submit my name? I think I did visit a site before but couldn't figure out where to submit my name, so i didn't bother.

What state would you like to check, Linda?

Crazy as it sounds..... nobody knows anyone????? I'm the guy!!
10 years ago my sister calls,... "Your name is on a list in the Chicago Tribune" Once a year they post the unclaimed property etc....
A mountain of red tape of proof and 12 weeks later, I got a check for 2700 bucks! Really!
to this day, I don't know where from. It was a gov. check.

Thanks for posting. This was posted at TPF awhile back, and a hospital owed my wife $280. I just discovered that Farmer's Insurance owes my daughter $228 since 2003.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom