1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

You Only Need One Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bobbyv, Feb 12, 2018.

1. I've seen it before. Photographers show up somewhere and there are not flocks of birds so they leave. Saw it again yesterday...they probably thought I was crazy out in the water by myself. There was only one bird in the lagoon.

1. Levitation
    1550na.
    NIKON D7200    ---    270mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

1550o.
    NIKON D7200    ---    270mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

1550t.
    NIKON D7200    ---    200mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

1551f.
    NIKON D7200    ---    380mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    ISO 1000

5. This bird caught only one fish all morning, but he made it count.
    1550z.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    amazing set, you topped yourself, #3 may be the best reddish pic I've seen

3. Thanks, I considered not using that one. Ospreys are nesting like crazy everywhere, we should have fun in a few weeks.

4. Agree with Randy on #3. The framing of the head by the wings really makes that one special.

I gladly shoot the reddish at Ft. De Soto all morning long. Those birds have style!

5. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Number 2 is a shot I was I had taken!

6. Really nice shots Bobby. #2 and 3 stand out.

7. Maybe it is because I have dancing egret shots but I really like 5 the best. That fish is a lot bigger than any I have seen with a reddish.

8. Really and amazing set...hard to pick they are all so really good. And you're right..you only need one bird if you know what you're doing. Obviously it goes without question that you do.

9. Well done Bobby and yes I see people always leaving when they should stick around a spot. Often it pays off like it did for you.

10. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    All great, you took good advantage of the opportunity. And #3, a pose framed by wings, fantastic.

11. Hn
    Thanks, it took him a while, but when gulls started harassing him he gulped it down.

12. Terrific series - each shot is special. The value of patience.

13. Woody Green

Woody Green

Nov 28, 2017
    Colorado, USA
    Woody Green
    Patience and persistence pays of. Fantastic shots. Number one is my favorite.

14. Just one more piece of evidence that it is the photographer that makes the picture!

15. Killer series Bobby, you've outdone yourself with these images.

16. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Seat time rules! Stay stay stay, paid dividends in this set!

17. There may have been only one, but what a bird, you've done a very fine job capturing it too.
    cheers

18. All very nice but #3 looks super.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.