You say tomato

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PhotoDawg, May 5, 2005.

1. very nice detail. what camera/lens did you use

2. D70 with the kit lens. I love that little lens!! :D :D :D

3. I can see why.

4. Dawg,

Think you might have blown out the green channel there. :lol:

Great composition. Did you catch the dew on the tomato or use a spray bottle? I can never get it to look just right using the spray bottle technique.

5. Dawg, I've got the bread buttered, the mayonaisse slathered, the salt & pepper ready.... now just waiting on that tomato!
    Nice capture of nature. Just a hint: get yourself some ladybugs, I think that might be an aphid on the stem. Ladybugs just LOVE aphids for lunch and they won't harm the rest of your garden. You can buy a cloth bag of them at garden centres.
    Mark, try holding the spray bottle away and above what you want to dowse. Replicate soft mist falling, but then again, I'm a believer in just capturing Mother Nature as she presents the stuff to us - no mist bottles, etc.

6. LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Nice Dawg,

Looks like natural the water.

A trick to that spray mist thing is not to use it.

Bowl of water dripped on.

I think Dawgs is natural.

Great work there Bryan.

PS: How you doing. How is the job hunting progressing. Keep us up-todate on your experiences. Bring your camera and do a photo journalistic history of it.

You may end up with a PJ job :>))))

8. Good exposure. Great catch of the dew. It makes the tomato very... miam miam (even if the green channel is blown out :) ).
    Kit lens eh!... You just confirm that it's not the gear making a picture, it's the person behind the camera.

9. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    No need to wait, that one's almost ready for frying. Those of y'all not from the southern United States may not understand...

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's what I first thought when I saw it....FRY that baby!

Dawg, thought you might be interested....I planted most of my garden the other day....22 hills of squash (4 plants each)...4 hills of zuchinni (4 plants each)...12 feet planted each of okra and cucumbers...18 feet planted of 3 varieties of hot and bell peppers....tomatoes go in the ground next week....I'm also thinking of maybe planting some herbs....

BTW, love your tomato shot!

11. Very nice, Dawg, but I like them when they're a little riper 8).

12. OH, I do too. Can't wait for them to ripen!!! Thanks Frank!!! The red tomatos are very nice lookin'!!! :D :D :D

13. Thanks Leigh!! I was wondering how your garden was going. All I can say is YOUR OUTTA CONTROL MRS. BRAMLETT!!! When you grow a garden you do not play around do you???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

14. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    If patrick has to do the weeding then she better hide the roundup.

15. iunknown

iunknown

Mar 18, 2005
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Bryan,
    This is just beautiful.

16. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Tee hee hee...I don't mind doing the weeding. I have a method that works for me. I lay black plastic down once the seeds have sprouted. My soaker hoses are underneath so when I water it reduces the amount of evaporated water. But the great thing is that it cuts down on weeds. I still have to pull a few here and there, but not like i would if i didn't have the plastic down. Another upside is that I don't have to walk through mud to pick the garden if it's been recently watered or rained!

NO, I guess I don't....but I also have lots of family and friends who would be disappointed if I didn't share the bounty so I have to plant enough to share!

17. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Very neat Bryan

18. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow - that looks great Bryan! Very pretty composition, and the background is interesting. The color and the water drops make for a great atmosphere with this photo - Well done!