You think she will understand or is my logic flawed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crayaco, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I have fallen victim to all the excitement over the D200. My "lust" is
    running strong.

A few weeks ago I bought a 70-200mm VR and broke the news to my wife.
    She gave me "The Look" and told me it would look real good on her
    new bedroom furniture she was going to buy.

Last week she bought $3200 worth of bedroom furniture.

Now logically thinking, I spent $1600 on the lense and with $150 rebate I have $1450 in the lense. $3200 minus $1450 = $1750. Just enough left for a D200.

When I buy a D200 she should just count us even, don't you think?

2. Go ahead, and next week you will see $4500 worth of sitting room(or whatever room) furniture.:biggrin:

3. My guess is...

she figures you're equal right now... :redface:

Dennis

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama

My guess is you are right....I'm not one to apply this tactic (I fall in the group of people who tend to be non-spenders....)...but I'm a woman so I definitely understand the approach and the logic behind it. I'd say if you want a D200, talk to her first....just my 2cents...

Good Luck!!

5. I think she sees $3200 for $3200 worth of furniture for both of you to enjoy and $1450 for something she's never used, so she doesn't see the value. Does she go shooting with you? Maybe get her a used D70 from KEH and the 2of you go out and have some fun before approaching her again on the subject. Maybe by then she might understand. If not, at least the 2 of you would have had some good times together. :)

6. Makes perfect sence to me. . . . let me ask the wife.

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

The LOOK!

She gave you the LOOK?

And you're still THINKING about getting a D200?

Noooooooo!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Phil that may very well happen. LOL

Dennis she may be figuring that already. LOL

Leigh thanks for the good wishes. LOL

Miriam I can give her the D70 I have now ... it might work.

I am still perfecting my logic before I spring it on her. :smile:

After over 36 wonderful years of marriage, we still like to "needle"
    one another over our expenditures.

If I can get one before Christmas, I will wrap it and put it under the tree.
    Christmas morning I can act totally surprised and thank her for the present.

Maybe she will think Santa Claus brought it. :wink:

9. Don't try to use logic on your wife, it just doesn't work. Your mistake was in not telling her you bought the D200 also and then her furniture would have covered them both. Your in deep yogurt now.

10. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Spoken like a true wise man. :smile: Especially that first part; trying to speak "logic" to a woman is about as futile as speaking Greek or any other foreign language. :biggrin:

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    That's not a bad idea, but if you do you better make sure there's something nice for her under the tree, too.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Having been married for 11 yrs,

and with innumerable failures to use my impeccable logic effectively and persuasively on my now ex-wife, I can tell you right now, without question, most women are right brain dominant creatures, unable to fully access and utilize their left sides. (ladies, this was a tongue-in-cheek comment from a man with a failed marriage). :tongue:

13. Oh, "The Look"; I know it well.

I once told my CEO I had acquired immunity to "The Look". But I lied. And she knew it.

She gave me full marks for defiance in the face of overwhelming odds and then "The Look" again.

14. I'm pretty lucky my wife and I sort of have "yours, mine and ours" money.
    I can spend mine as I wish as can she can hers.

If your gear is coming out of the "ours" kitty, then maybe you should let things die down a bit (and the credit cards cool off :Wink: ). As others have said the score is probably even right now between you too since you get 1/2 the benefit - in her eyes - of the new furniture.

Don

15. This forum is full of great wisdom. I have enjoyed every response. :biggrin:

Since it does not look like anyone has a D200 in stock, my purchase
    has been postponed.

February 1 is the date for the D200 kit that includes the 18-200 VR.

That will give me a little over a month to work on my "logic."

:wink: :wink:

16. Marriage rule #1 (from wifes perspective)
    What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine. Any questions??

So by that logic the 70-200 VR is hers. So be a nice guy and get her a D200 to go with it!!

17. Matt,

I really like your logic!!!! LOL

18. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Well done Ray. We, that is 'the chaps' must stick together, face down our opponents (notice the subtle way I didn't use 'enemies') and remind them that underarm hair indicates a higher being!:biggrin:
    They witter on about being multi-tasking, but can they set a torque wrench, remove a cylinder head, fit an element to a tank or adjust the radiator valves. Invariably no:smile: . Then there's the creature created by a loving dad. She (my daughter) can do all the above, and better than me.:Shocked:
    So put on your best Tim Taylor tool belt, saunter past her as she does her face, and tell her you are going to fix the washing machine, then slide on down to the store and buy that D200. Stand up for yourself, you are man!!!!!!!

Ray, do you have private medical insurance, or do we write c/o the local hospital?

19. :biggrin: :biggrin: Very funny, Rob :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hope Ray does not follow your advice. Otherwise our Cafe will lose a member.

20. Errrrr, did you guys ever think of TALKING first about stuff you'd like to have??? :Shocked: :Shocked: ( I mean stuff beyond trivial value, of course).