You (USA) guys are lucky!

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Rui Lopes, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Upon NX2 release I downloaded the trial version which I used intensively despite being a owner of the former Capture NX.

When the trial time expired I've tried to purchase the definitive licence nr. on-line. However, apparently it's only available to USA customers.
    Therefore, I sent a mail to Nikon Mall asking them how could i purchase a licence nr. to validate my NX2 trial. They answered informing that were not able to sell it to customers outside USA.
    Following their suggestion, I went through the global Nikon site, trying to identify a local store to purchase it. However, I'm facing several difficulties as: 1) Nikon Portugal is closed for vacations; 2) Their site mentions only a single portuguese store able to sell their products which however don't have neither the NX2 software nor any licence nr. to sell and, apparently, never did.
    Therefore, it seems that despite the enthousiasm that NX2 trial creates on users, at least in Portugal they can't buy the product after the trial time. I wonder what is the use in trying a software that we can't buy later...
    I am an old Nikon user, owning several Nikon gear but I'm starting to feel deeply disappointed with Nikon (at least in Portugal).
    I sent a new e-mail to Nikon mall and am waiting for their help as I just can't believe that Nikon is providing trials for software that can't sell to customers later....

Any help / suggestions would be welcome...:frown:

Rui

SB-800, TC Kenko Pro300 1.4, Manfrotto 190MF4+804RC Head

===
    www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Rui Lopes

2. drichi

drichi

Jun 16, 2007
    Tokyo Japan
    Same ol' Nikon

I have had similar problems with Nikon. I live in Japan and had problems with Nikon Capture NX that came with my D300. Nikon USA refused to help me in working on the problem since I was outside of the US. They sent me to Nikon Japan where I had the great fun of working through it in Japanese.

I ultimately gave up after they kept instructing me to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results (uninstall and reinstall about a zillion times.) Finally got it working after asking on a forum where I got much better, more accurate information.

Nikon does not think this separating areas and responsibility for its products is a problem. I see Nikon as Nikon, and expect service from any Nikon center for Nikon products. However, since very few customers are affected by this, Nikon ain't too concerned about it.

Amazon USA does have it, but it cannot be shipped overseas. Amazon Japan has the Japanese version, but for domestic sale only, so I wonder if Nikon is restricting the sale of software region-by-region.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  3. Thanks for your input, guys.
    However, apparently those stores don't sell abroad and even if they'd do the portuguese import taxes would be very heavy (almost 40% of the invoiced amount).
    That's why it would be handy to get the product key on-line as many (all?)software developers do...
    I wonder if Nikon Corp., Japan is aware of this...
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Rui

===
    www.pbase.com/ruilopes

4. You can buy it from the Nikon UK site. Not sure if it would work from Portugal though.

Nikon UK NX2

It is afterall "www.europe-nikon.com"

Ronnie

5. Thanks. I'll contact them to do it in right way.
    Thanks again
    Rui

===
    www.pbase.com/ruilopes