You wouldn't want to meet these lads on a dark night...

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Clivegriff, Apr 9, 2005.

1. ...would you?

original.

The light was good when I set off for the game so I left the Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 at home in favour of the extra reach afforded by the Sigma 170-500.

Bad decision. The light deteriorated very quickly and I soon had to push the ISO all the way to 1600 in order to get decent shutter speeds.

But I came away with this one which merits framing. Er...NOT!

2. Excellent, a classic. The expressions and the mouthpieces tell it all.

3. Thanks, Gordon.

The guy with his hands on his head is one tough cookie.

Earlier this year a one-and-a-half ton block of steel fell on his leg at work and did unspeakable things to his shin-bone.

Six weeks later he was playing again!

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    You know what they say about those forwards though Clive, "No brain; no pain!" :D

That is a great shot though, seriously. A bit of Neat Image or the like on the background would be my only suggestion. Other than that, frame it.

Neil

5. Thanks, Neil.

I have Neat Image, but I'm learning this new PS plug-in from Kodak - Airbrush Professional - which is mainly used for flattering ladies' portraits - but I'm investigating its efficiency as a noise reduction tool.

6. They look wore out!! Great shot Clive! :) :) :) :)

7. Thanks, Bryan.

They were tired, sure; but it's amazing what a rejuvenating effect a few beers in the clubhouse can have!