Young and Mature

Discussion in 'People' started by Thos Quinn, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Two shots taken at my son’s last swim meet of the season where I anticipated doing something other than straight color. Comments, suggestions and constructive criticism more than welcome.

#1: This young lady was sitting at the feet of her father at the edge of the swimming pool and would look up at him every few seconds just to make sure he was still there. I immediately saw a photo opportunity eventhough the background was that “god awful” swimming-pool-aqua color. I was sitting roughly 30 feet away and wouldn’t you know it, after I grabbed my camera, every time she looked up at her dad someone walked between my envisioned shot and me. So, this is the best I got before this young ball of energy moved on to bigger and better things.

D70; Nikkor 70-300mm ED; 300mm, f5.6, 1/1000sec, 200 iso
    original.

#2: By a strange twist of fate, some 70 odd years later I ran across this same young lady sitting at a picnic table watching the kids play in that very same swimming pool :rolleyes: Again, I saw a photo opportunity but her bright pink blouse and the brilliantly lit green background clashed and distracted from her mature beauty.

D70; NikkorDX 18-70mm ED; 62mm, f4.5, 1/160sec, 200 iso
    View attachment 16336

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  2. The second image is sharp and well done. She is real intent on watching someong nearby. The image of the little youngster is something the parents would like to get their hands on I am sure. I once took an image of a little boy clinging to the pantleg of his mother in a nearby park and she bought $170.00 worth of prints from that single image.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots and nice story.

Sometimes that just happens... Been there...

You did good though

4. Dang, I blew a potential $170 :eek: Actually, that leg and little girl belong to a friend I work with... gave him a (much appreciated) free print that now sits majestically upon his desk.