Young Black Bear ....

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by gillesk, Jul 30, 2008.

1. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Hello,
    Run into this Bear while on a short hike to look for small mamals (marmots, etc ...).
    The photos have been cropped to about 65% of the originals. It is always a good idea to keep some distance.
    I was able to keep up with this bear for a few 100 metres before in went back in the woods. Got many shots of its rear end but did mamage a few good ones showing its good side :biggrin:

original.gif

View attachment 230694

I was armed with a D200, 300 f2.8, 1.7x tc and monopod :biggrin:

A few more images can be seen here:
    http://www.pbase.com/gkorent/gallery/recent_images

Thank you for looking.
    Regards.

PS: never got what I was looking for as I kind of got diverted. Then it was loo late.

2. nice captures
    thanks for sharing them with us

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Wow - when I go for walks the only thing I run into is squirrels and rabits.

You run into bears. . .Cool !

4. What a beauty! That's a critter I don't know if I'd want to run into while walking - now in the car or truck, I wouldn't be so scared! Glad you were calm enough to take the photos! Nice work!

5. gillesk

gillesk

Dec 31, 2007
    Alberta -Canada
    Thank you,
    Glad you liked them.

Hello Rod,
    Thank you for your comments.
    Sometimes one gets lucky. Although there is always a chance of seing one when walking in the mountains around here.

Hello Dianne,
    Black bears are not so bad. I did get "lucky" as this one was busy. They usually do not stick around much when someone is nearby. Mind you I did turn to "hunting mode" once I spotted this one. Quiet and watching the wind helped keep it within range.

Warm regards.

6. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice captures. The first one is my favourite.