Young eagle in snowstorm

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Last migration I sat on the Lackawaxen River in Pa. just a bit off the Delaware where the two join. This is a great spot for migration as many Alewife’s (fish) come down from the Hydro Electric plant where power is generated and the water does not freeze. Many birds after about the end of December. This was a burst of the same bird
    Lou

518245863_62a106ae82_o.

518245857_b5381b05cf_o.

518245855_fccb78de74_o.

2. Awesome!!!!

3. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Those are some great captures Lou,I sure did miss our pair at the nest this year:frown:These bring back some fond memories thanks for sharing these:smile:

4. Thanks Tom You know sometimes (maybe you have had this happen) when photographing in snow falling if the flakes get heavy or large enough they will drive your equipment crazy trying to AF. Can you just see that poor computter in the camera saying what the hell does this guy expect from me:confused:
    Lou

5. Thanks Tim for the look. BTW just how far are you from the mIssissippi as I believe where ever they have these damns or locks (not sure what they are called) the water does not freeze and many eagles migrate there.
    Lou

6. ThorBob

ThorBob Guest

Wow - fantastic captures of a beautiful bird! I love the weather effects; interesting to see that even natures birds can have de-icing issues :smile:

Thor

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful juvi
    In the snow ...wowow

8. Something you don't see Gale, (the snow I mean):biggrin::biggrin:
    Thanks for the look
    Lou

9. Fantastic images Lou!!! Super series.

Jose

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Great to view
    Thanks

11. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Lou,

These are among the best I have seen you post! Outstanding!

12. Thanks Thor Does this look like home? From what I have found out about Norway by the water is not to bad is that right?
    Lou

13. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Fantastic pictures Lou.

14. Thanks Jose, God I have so many of thm from so many years and you know I still never get tired of seeing one of these birds.
    Lou
    PS Thanks for the PM.

15. Dixie

Dixie

Feb 26, 2007
    Land of cotton
    Outstanding shots!

16. Thank you Ben or should I say MACHINE GUN Hey you know I carried that title as my MOS (Military occupation specialty) for awhile but as soon as I learned a machine gunners life expectancy in combat was 6 minuets I went for being an FO.
    (Forward Observer for artillery) They last a little longer.
    Lou
    www.loubuscher.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  17. Thanks for looking in Jimmy
    Lou

18. Thank you Dixie for looking and all my clothes I buy are cotton:biggrin:Well underwear anyway.:biggrin:
    Lou

19. WOW well I thank you Andy hope I gor some more.
    Lou