young hosta after spring rain

okay, i'm still learning and i'm still trying....i hope that counts for something. it's rained here for the past 2 days and finally the sun came out. i took it as a sign i should try and shoot a few pics. i got one worth posting....at least i hope so.

young hosta after spring rain
19147147-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's beautiful Leigh and really gives one the feel of the rain you have been having there. This would make a great wall hanger if the colors were right for the room it was in. Good job girl.

greyflash said:
Good job girl.

Thanks so much Gordon! I'm really beginning to get into shooting things other than just my kids. Your praise keeps me encouraged...thank you so much!! :D

Very nice Leigh. You are making that Coolpix sing. 8)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with pics of your kids, but it is nice to branch out. I'm a sucker for the nature stuff. You and Patrick need to go hiking with Janie and I. You will see tons of great subjects.

Regards,

Frank

Flew said:
Very nice Leigh. You are making that Coolpix sing. 8)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with pics of your kids, but it is nice to branch out. I'm a sucker for the nature stuff. You and Patrick need to go hiking with Janie and I. You will see tons of great subjects.

Regards,

Frank

I really am enjoying the 8800. It's a nice change from the Canon Sure Shot I was using!!!

Hiking sounds fun. We might just take you up on that invite!!!

daodang said:
Nice picture, Leigh. Good capture of leaves veins pattern. The color will surely bring freshness to a room's décor.

Hmmm...I might just have to print this one out after all....Thanks for the encouraging words!

Thanks Bryan...green is my favorite color as well....I was glad the rain let up for a little while to allow me to get a few shots in yesterday. Looks like this weekend might be favorable for a few more!!! Guess I'll have to wait and see....

C

Canyonlu

Beautiful color, Leigh, and since I don't see Hosta here (is it not a West Coast plant?) I'm particularly interested. Very nicely captured.

Canyonlu said:
Beautiful color, Leigh, and since I don't see Hosta here (is it not a West Coast plant?) I'm particularly interested. Very nicely captured.

The hosta preffered planting zone is from Zone 3-8. I don't believe So California falls in this range...All I know is it comes up year after year in my front yard. Sometime in summer it blooms and is really lovely. As far as the color, what you see is what i saw....It had just stopped raining and the green cast was everywhere...even in the dogwoods i shot later that day (see my post..."life begins in the spring" for those shots". again, the green cast was exactly how it appeared standing there in from of it.

Cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom