Young magpies

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Nikam, Jun 6, 2005.

1. A couple from this afternoon. These guys are pretty noisy. They were in my next door neighbour's pine tree - taken using the Coolpix 4500 + TC (no lenses yet for the D2H) :( . Focus point a little off on the 1st one I think.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really nice shots.. Like the color tone.

Good job !!!

3. Thanks, Gale. I find the hardest part with these guys is to get the highlight in their eyes. I have the same problem with crows. They are nice birds to look at and they stay around all year - but they are noisy - especially when the neighbour's cat wanders the yard at 5:00 in the morning! :)

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    So sorry for you

We have two adults and three babies in my backyard. I'm sorry for you if you have to put up with all the noise like we are doing. We tried to break down their nest when they first appeared, but they went next door and built one. They spend most of their day hanging out in our trees and squawking at our two cats and dog. The pictures are nice, though. I haven't been able to get any good ones yet.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice pics of what sounds like a very 'entertaining' species.... :lol:

6. Dennis:

Nice images.

Gil

7. Thanks everyone. Soon I'll be able to practice flight shots with my new 70-200VR + 1.7 TC as they start to fly around more. :) :)

8. Hi Dennis........

nice captures, i just shot one the other night, not a great pic but I like the white on the end of the wing 8) Nice to see you putting your camera through its paces. hard to nail the exposure on these birdies

original.