Young monks. Color or B&W?

Can't decide which way to go with these. Thoughts?

_DSC0014.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
MonkBWa.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg
DSC_0084aBW2.jpg

Tough call! I can see why you are asking for opinions, I like the color best I think, but the B/W looks great as well.

I think the first one works great also in B/W because of the peaceful mood. But otherwise I would say color, as I really like the contrast of the orange to their dark skin.

Thanks guys, it looks like color gets the nod. I'll post some more when I finish the project. Thanks again.

D

Dave_Canada

I love the first one in color and the second works better in B&W with the natural
light hitting the face.. but i've always been a non conformist :wink:

B

BigPixel

Geeze...both approaches are good. The color really works as the monk's robe color is so intense in the shots but the B&W are processed to look almost like polished luminescent stone sculpture.

R

RForshey

Great job on these, very elegant. I prefer the color versions. The various shades and tones are just too nice for black and white (in my opinion)..

In general I prefer the color versions. The orange robe is so symbolic of monks, that without it there seems to be something missing in the "story". In the second pic, the green paper is a bit distracting - it was the first thing that caught my eye, rather than the subject.

Latest threads

Top Bottom